Engine OS v1.5.1 comments

That when/if you use streaming services, the new algorithm is also available. And if the Pioneer buddies want to have spin on the decks.

Less news if you haven’t got both. :wink:

Dont forget the Hanpin ones as well.

And the old schoolers who just play from folders

Ok bye :joy:

1 Like

This is a seriously kick ass update. Many people (myself included) were having issues with the mic gate threshold - Sorted!! Many (myself included) were asking for an easier way to change between sources - Sorted!! Many (myself included) were unhappy with the bpm detection of unanalysed tracks - Sorted!! Many (myself included) were asking for more streaming options - Sorted!! Many users were experiencing remnants of previously loaded track still playing after a new track was loaded - Sorted!! and lots more “under the hood” tweaks & fixes! This was an essential update for the entire Prime series. If anyone didn’t get the feature that they wanted, no matter how you look at it, your console has just been improved for free. From here on out, I can only see things getting better & better. Thank you Denon for this great update.

4 Likes

Lots of things have changed

In the long list of changes, ol the name of the model, in brackets after the feature, is only used IF the new feature is ONLY for the model mentioned. If the feature is for ALL the prime models, then no model is mentioned in brackets after the feature description -

So:

• User controllable mix gate threshold (Prime 4)

Is a feature for the prime 4 only

But:

• New BPM algorithm on-board

Is for ALL prime models

Is it likely sc6000s will have the updated firmware installed?

Brilliant post well said all this new stuff getting added what is there not to like about Denon these guys are amazing and this is only the start being a proud Prime 2 owner i have everything i need and more as far a a Dj is concerned.And look at them SC6000s wow amazing

1 Like

What does the internal version of the individual modules have to do with the general firmware version? It is one thing to indicate 1.41 and another thing to indicate 1.4.1 are two different numbers. And the same thing goes for indicating version 1.5.1 compared to 1.51 is not the same.

I already explained what might be the advantage of it. Just an idea to reduce possible support requests. For example they could put (FW 1.51) in brackets behind the version numbers to make it more clear.

Primes are like a safe version of a laptop. In a laptop there will be different drivers for the sound card, a different driver for the video chip, another driver for the CD drive, a separate driver for the USB ports - all those different drivers will have different version numbers.

When the firmware file is loaded into a prime, the process sends new code versions to different modules inside, like the screen, the mixer etc

I speak to you as a software programmer: the versions of the individual modules do not necessarily follow the main version. For example: it could be that they make changes to the mixer part and not to the deck part; so it wouldn’t make sense to change the version of the deck part if there was no change in that module’s code. I mean this.

It may not always be as you say: sometimes some modules may not have changed from one version to another.

And so they shouldn’t.

Not all modules will need updating every time a firmware update is done, but some will.

So if, “Display” gets revised a couple of times a year, but “mixer” only gets one revision, it only logical that the “Display” version number will increment more, as it’s had more versions.

Incrementing a version name for a particular module , when it’s had no new code is far more misleading.

You seem intent at throwing negatives at this weeks firmware release, as evidenced in several of your posts this week, simply because none the many improvements listed improve your particular DJing style or workflow. This latest behaviour of picking on version numbers seems to highlight your minority impression of the firmware.

Maybe in January 2021 some firmware will be released that adds a feature that you can use, and You’ll be happy and it’ll be other people looking the gifting horse in its mouth. At that point, it’ll be then that I’m thinking of as behaving like a toddler.

No, the issue of revisions of the individual internal modules compared to the global firmware revision was only to clarify that it seems right to me how they are currently doing, and it has nothing to do with the new functions added or not. But we probably didn’t understand each other about this numbering aspect, patience is not a priority aspect.

As I wrote at the beginning of the thread, I mainly see additions due to “contract” needs: it was written that there had to be Tidal, Beatport and Soundcloud, and we give you what was written. So if we exclude the additions of streaming, there is not much else: adjustable gain on the microphone, and some others. In 8 months of waiting, I would have expected at least the resolution of all the bugs reported so far, or at least until a few weeks ago. Can anyone who reported BUG check if they were fixed in v1.5.1?

As for the new functions, I have no pretense, they would be gifts. But of all this I have already written. :+1:

You really have taken a self-centric view on this entire firmware release.

What suggestion was it that you made and then expected at the top of the list in this release?

None of the Streaming services were written on the prime model boxes or supposed to be available from day 1 so the streaming features are additions above and beyond what we all paid for by buying primes. It doesn’t matter if the streaming was written about 3 quarters ago or a secret surprise in a firmware release - they are free gifts and great functionality, if if they might not be in your workflow (currently) or not. Just be grateful of such a massive firmware upgrade, or at least stop emanating negativity online

2 Likes

I disagree. The advertisement (both written and displayed on a banner) was published by Denon more than a year ago, and prominently featured four streaming services.

It’s safe to say that most people looking at that banner (with four logos prominently displayed) would assume that those four services would be available at that time - in 2019.

Instead, we only got one (eventually). Even now we only have three out of four, over a year after the advertisement.

That’s the issue. It’s not “self centric” or “negative” to expect what’s advertised, when it’s advertised.

For reference:

1 Like

Exactly what I wrote above, see: Link

I see I’m not the only one complaining.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Recording sounding low on the Prime 4

Moved 2 replies to appropriate topic