Engine Library on USB stick and internal HD

I just got my Prime 4. Previously used Serato. I have all my music on external USB flash drive. I have imported all my Serato crates and tracks into Engine Prime, and have created a number of playlists in Engine Prime which contain tracklists of prepared mixes. When I plug the USB into Prime 4, only the crates appear ie none of the playlists are visible.

There is an Engine Library folder on both internal HD and USB, the one on internal HD has a lot more files in it. I assume these files are what tells EP what crates I have and what tracks are in there? If I load EP without the USB plugged in, I can see my playlists. So it seems to me the library folder on USB is missing some of the data relating to my playlists. I guess I can copy it over, but does anyone know how i can make sure the Library folder on USB replicates automatically the same folder on internal HD?

thanks

1 Like

I have exactly problem but the other way round, ie the USB drive contains the full library and when I unplug it my Mac library shrinks to 1/3 of it size. Have you found out how to sort the problem? Thank you Dd

Keep the hard drive plugged into the laptop.

When you unplug it, it’s normal for those files to be removed from the engine collection.

The 1/3 you are seeing are files stored on the laptop.

I use an external drive for my library as well, but I don’t have any files in my laptop internal drive.

If I start engine prime without the external connected I have an empty collection- which is what I expect.

Late response, you either have figured this out or jumped ships

If all your tracks are on the external then the external database should be the larger one. You may want to delete both databases and try importing your serato again