Engine DJ v2.1.0 Now Available - PRIME 4 + LC6000!

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are well and enjoying the holiday season. :christmas_tree::menorah::santa:

Today, we’re very pleased to announce that Engine DJ v2.1.0 is now available! v2.1 brings the highly anticipated LC6000 PRIME support for the PRIME 4 along with 2 new 4 deck views. Both OS and desktop platforms also receive speed improvements for searching and Playlist population. The desktop release is also now compatible with Windows 11 and macOS Monterey. Thank you all for an amazing year!

Download link, Release Notes, and Engine Academy video below.

Download

Engine DJ v2.1.0

Release Notes

Engine DJ Performance Software for Hardware (OS)

New Features

• Denon DJ LC6000 controllers are now supported on the PRIME 4
  • Added new 4 deck / 4 waveform vertical and horizontal views to the PRIME 4

Improvements and Fixes

Performance / Playback

• Fixed an issue where stopping, loading, or syncing a track could affect other synced tracks in certain circumstances
  • Improved sync behavior when re-syncing tracks that are a beat or less apart
  • Fixed an issue where the Prime 2 channel assignment switches would not work as expected when set to “thru”
  • Fixed an issue where the Beat Keeper on motorized platter devices would sometimes not reflect the actual phase of the track
  • Fixed an issue where using Shift and Layer button would not properly disable decks on a Prime 4 when a track was loaded to the alternate layer
  • Fixed an issue where rapidly loading streaming tracks to the deck could cause the next track button to stop working

Playlists / Collection Management

• Improved search result speed
  • Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances, 1.x databases would stall during 2.0 migration
  • Fixed an issue where the BPM and KEY of Tidal tracks would not immediately update after track analysis

Engine Lighting

• Added Pan and Tilt invert support
  • Additional UX improvements and fixes

Engine DJ Preparation Software (Desktop)

New Features

• Added support for macOS Monterey
  • Added support for Windows 11

Improvements and Fixes

• Improved Playlist display time
  • Improved search result speed
  • Improved Sync Manager repack time
  • Improved Sync Manager packing size calculation time
  • Fixed a crash that could occur due to streaming tracks being present in the Engine DJ database
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when removing a playlist multiple times in quick succession
  • Fixed an issue where the track highlight was not retained after dragging to a different playlist
  • Fixed an issue that would result in the database migration stalling midway and never completing
  • Fixed an issue that would result in a failed database migration
  • Fixed an issue where No Engine lighting script would be exported
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements

How to Set Up and Use the Denon DJ LC6000 with PRIME 4

9 Likes

Great Update- love it

Syncmanager now works in warp-speed

Hope we got more voted features in near future

1 Like

Dear Jwill, Do you know if on this update fixed the issue that short order prefer is saved now? For example I want to short my tracks by bpm and I want this setting to stay after reboot. Did you fix this? I am asking as I did not update yet.

Thank you!!

Hi to all. Late in the evening yesterday, a quick update to 2.1.0 and a great first impression on the Prime 4 display :). Today, the next step is the analysis of the music library. The next step is two Denon DJ LC 6000 PRIME.

If you get the JSON error:

Please remove the empty reporttags.json file from the source drive, located in the Engine folder.

Do well, if you can buy them somewhere. :crazy_face:

Great update. Engine just gets better and better.

Still waiting for a single top 50 feature request to be added. SMH :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi. Already booked. They come from the central warehouse. After the weekend, to be picked up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Engine DJ 2.1 feels very snappy now, everything seems to work much smoother and snappier. I don’t know how to explain it better, but I like it very much.

There used to be some hiccups when dragging songs around, but now it’s gone. Good job Denon Team!

1 Like

The first LC 6000 has arrived. I’m happy :slight_smile: But I don’t know how to set the start with crossfedder :frowning:

Please help …

It’s an absolute dream :black_heart:

3 Likes

This!! just!! rocks!! Been testing for days now… Why!? Why!? WHY you keep me poor Denon!! I can’t find it in my heart to return the LC6000. Now i have to buy it!

1 Like

Issue with lc6000 on deck 4, causes deck 1 on Prime 4 to not play, I have to do a shutdown then restart. This is a very odd issue and it has done this since I received the LC6000’s, everything is up to date with the Prime 4 version update. Suggestions ?