Engine DJ v2.0.2 Now Available

Hi Everyone,

Engine DJ v2.0.2 is now available. Release Notes below.

Download: Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ

Relase Notes - Engine DJ v2.0.2

Engine DJ (OS)

New Features

• New Engine Lighting fader options for PRIME 2 and PRIME GO

Improvements and Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the moving waveforms would drift out of sync after passing the play head
  • Fixed migration issues that caused corrupt and incompatible drive dialogs for some users after migrating to Engine DJ v2.0.0
  • Improved platter performance on Numark MixStream Pro.
  • Improved playlist loading performance under certain conditions
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements

Engine DJ (Desktop)

Improvements and Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the moving waveforms would drift out of sync after passing the play head
  • Fixed migration issues that caused corrupt and incompatible drive dialogs for some users after migrating to Engine DJ v2.0.0
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements
21 Likes

So thankful for this

1 Like

Blimey - Denon aren’t hanging around with the firmware updates any more, are they.

2 Likes

love seeing those waveforms locked to each other again!

1 Like

Still no fix for jumping track when sync… Disapointed

1 Like

I agree - the jumping track was not an issue in 2.0.0, but has been introduced since 2.0.1 - most frustrating !

2 Likes

Just got an update on my Sc5000M 2.0.2 and installed it. Works fine for about an hour of play. No freezing on any decks. Lets see how it goes live though.

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed this, but it actually seems to be a bit worse with this version. Also pressing cue from play (on the deck I’m about to mix in) seems to occasionally make the other deck jump a little. Very erratic but def has to do with sync. Scrubbing (scratching) on the 1st beat of a track & let it go on beat of the other track seems to cause a strange reaction.

Great news. Well done on sorting so quickly. Definitely not jumping back in this time though, will hold off and wait and hear what people say after I spent 9 hours going back to 1.6

Looking forward to hearing opinion though.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this feedback. We’ll share this with the team.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Strange bug discovered by chance but very annoying

Prime4 music jumps when synced on 2.01

So first replication : prime 4 on 2 decks position. Deck 2, file Chic Le freak Dj S remix.flac 118,3 bpm. Playing Chic on deck 2, pitch at 0. Charging deck 1 with George Duke Reach out Dj S remix.flac 112,6 bpm. Play on deck 1 and put sync on, on deck 1. Deck 1 synchronise with deck 2. Mixing both tracks. Fader down on deck 2 (Chic). Cue on deck 2 to stop track, deck one with George Duke instantly jumps. I will try with 3 and 4 but good chances to be the same. Sync mode in on “bar” and “show sync lead button” position doesn’t change anything. “Always show sync lead button” is on. I’ve been able to reproduce it ten times the same

3 Likes

Well after playing a set for 2hours and letting my 2 SC5000M’s sit connected to the X1800. I hate to say that one SC5000M froze again with this 2.0.2 update. I was not able to use the touchscreen, buttons, or anything. I had to hold the power button down until the unit rebooted. Once this was done I turned the unit off and back on. So in general it’s still a bug in this release of Engine DJ 2.0. I also would like to add I tried installing the OS several times (Web, USB, and Computer) modes. “NO LUCK”

I updated my SC5000m’s and Engine Desktop on my Mac. Played over 1 hour yesterday and several today with ZERO issues. The updates are stable for me. :+1:

2 Likes

Do you have high quality/fast sticks? In 3 years of sc5000’s my decks only frooze with a bad, slow kingston stick .

Exactly what I’ve been experiencing. It happens on all 4 decks, but very randomly. Pressing cue seems to trigger the jump.

Yes I have 2 SAMSUNG MUF-256AB/AM FIT Plus 256GB - 400MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive one in each player. I’m only having an issue with one player. If I downgrade that player to 1.6 there is no issues of freezing.

I noticed the sync jump issue from 2.0.0 - before 2.0.1 but couldn’t really explain it or figure out what was happening.

Prime 4 - 4 decks on.

In a nut shell, the sync function is broken & has been since 2.0.0. It really is a random issue but it definitely exists & the developers really need to figure it out because whether or not it’s by design (variable beat grids), it is not okay for a live track to jump to a different BPM.

I’m sure the issue is stemming from the sync lead deck but the fact is, in the real world of fast mixing & using 4 decks, you can lose sight of the sync lead deck. Sometimes I have seconds to cue up & the whole point of sync is for situations like this. If it was just simple 2 track play, I’d beat match but for fast & creative mash up sets, the new sync function isn’t any good. IMO, Denon tried to fix an issue which wasn’t broken.

Bring back the sync to how it was prior 2.0

1 Like

Hm, this jumping Bug does not Sound nice. Can someone tell me whether the effects are now working properly again, especially the bug with the auto gate

A very good update :slight_smile:

Have nothing to complain about cause the fixed the evil " i love to set a beat mark just before the beat and not on the beat "

I’ll answer myself. No, effect Bug is still there. After 30 minutes 2.0.2 back to 1.6.x. It can take a while until everything is going well so far. Feels like 2 bugs removed, a new one added. Too bad. In my case, the preview function for streaming would be enough for me to be happy. Denon, is there a way to get a 1.6.3 just with this feature extended? Smile …