Engine DJ Playlist issue

Hey all, I’m really hoping to figure this one out, but after migrating to the new software I cannot edit my playlists. I get the drag and drop functionality “tooltips” that you’d expect, but for some reason the tracks I’m dragging over to a playlist don’t move.

Anyone run into this? I’m basically having an existential crisis right now, so any insight as to why I can no longer edit my library would be great!

edit: I found this by importing 100 tracks into a folder inside of my collection.

The tracks imported and analyzed, but they didn’t show up in the destination folder/playlist. I was able to find them in my collection view if I sorted by date_added.

When I take that same 100 tracks (from within my collection, in the playlist view) I am able to move them to the sub-playlist and I see it “analyzing 100 tracks,” however when that job is done, the songs are not in the new playlist/folder.

Basically, this is the same behavior I’m see across my whole collection or any engine dj drives that are in my system.

Feels like there is a massive bug that I’m bumping into here, but my library is ostensibly locked without the ability to intelligently add tracks to my library.

Starting point, where is your music library stored, and what are you moving to (I.e. internal drive moving to USB)?

So a little of everything really, and I’m fully aware that my workflow is not optimal but here goes: Here’s my Engine Prime 1.6 workflow:

1. I keep all of my music on an external HD.
  2. In my main collection view (not on the external drive) I create a crate for the new tracks I’m adding (i.e. “import 11-04-21”).
  3. I drag the files from my external HD into that crate to analyze.
  4. Do whatever edits I need to on the tracks after they analyze.
  5. Insert my USB stick, use sync manager to mirror my collections onto the USB stick.

Come to think of it I’m not sure how the import crate makes it to my external HD, but it always made it over there throughout this process.

In Engine DJ: I was never able to make it past step #3, and I am unable to delete or modify any playlist on my external HD.

Wondering if it’s a library compatibility issue? Maybe even though it said it updated, maybe it didn’t?

Also of note: my USB is updated to 2.0 and works on my SC5000’s

Bumping this with a video taken after the 2.0.2 update:

Anyone from denon that can help?!

Tried on my PC, and I get the Exact same issue

Came to a solution with the help of Denon DJ customer care: looks like it ended up being a corrupted library/drive. I deleted and re-built it from a backup drive and it worked just fine. My guess is some part of the migration failed or something along those lines!

Cheers!

1 Like