Engine DJ 2 waveform laggy in Dj Prime 2

no everything went fine` I’ll wait till they sort it out then I’ll try again those laggy waveforms are too annoying

Waveforms are now rendered in realtime with 2.x.

That is all understood from the presentations, but they’re definitely not up-to-par with how they were before. This lag takes the great hardware back a few generations.

1 Like

I need to take the Prime2 out of its box to check specifically, but on the SC6000 it is nowhere near this statement at my end:

2 Likes

You can find X-Fader in the tab Control Center as a big touch button

Your 1.6 database is not touched or changed during database upgrade to 2.0. Version 2 is just added on top of the old database. You can play on hardware or revert to 1.6 firmware with the same database you left 1.6 with

Yeah i pick up on this last night when i fired up the P2 its very off putting, any tips from Denon to fix this please…

1 Like

This is nothing less than a bug! How do we resolve this issue?

Can someone please share a link to 1.6.2 until this can be resolved?

1 Like

It’s still at Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ Under “What’s New” section, click on Engine OS instead of Engine Desktop. Scroll a bit lower and you’ll see 1.6.2 under 2.0 with the links to download

I’ve got the same, the tunes are on the same BPM, Beat matched yet the lines are misaligned as they come in, align on the white line and drift out the other way after the white line. Is that the same? I posted on FB Redirecting...

Same thing is happening on the GO.

Just a bit weird to work with.

Can you get it sorted out please Denon guys?

If you all agree on my explanation or observation:

What we see in 2.0 is this: a slower track in sync with a faster track needs to go faster past the play head. Sort of a parallax effect. In older versions the grid is expanded or contracted and therefore the same as the other track.

It is confirmed here by dev: [Confirmed] V2.0 - Waveforms only sync on white centre line - #5 by AIRVince

1 Like

Sounds the same, Reese. Thank you. We will all be anxiously waiting for the solution from Denon.

1 Like

Have the same problem with prime 4. After downloading engine 2.0 I noticed a day or so later that practically all the red marker points on the beat would not align and lock on Although the 2 tracks are in sync they keep wandering off and drifting. Exactly what others have said in here. Have contacted denon support. They are helpful and said to reload tracks etc and try a few things but I’m convinced now there is a problem with this update that has caused this.

Same problem I have on prime 4 !

Yep, this has nothing to do with the reloading or reanalyzing tracks. This is a bug on Denon’s end. I downgraded back to 1.6.2 and will wait for a stable build.

I just updated the system to the newest 2.0.1. My observations:

1. Waveforms don’t drift if the BPM is the same for analyzed tracks. If both your tracks are analyzed for the same BPM, they won’t drift.
  2. If the BPM is different and you adjust by the pitch, tracks still drift.

Can anyone confirm if this is the same exact behavior in 2.0.0?

After have made the update ,I have the same problem here .please fix this

1 Like

After the last update it is all fine, i mix tecno regaeton hiphop and such and have no issues.

in my opinion better then before. I am suprised by such a fast fix. Keep up the good work denon developers! This is where you can seperate yourselves from the rest :wink:

2 Likes

Yes this lagging on the wafeform is also on my SC6000. My Library is on the internal SSD Drive and in stacked view this happend often. And also from USB Stick.