Engine DJ 2.0 "Show in Finder" feature not working

Obviously this is very small potatoes compared to some of the larger issues plaguing the 2.0 release, but I wanted to make a note that this feature is not working on Mac. I’m on a mid-2015 MBP running 11.4. Right-clicking a track and hitting “Show in Finder” does nothing.

While we’re at it I do want to say I’m very pleased with 2.0 and was fortunate enough to not experience migration issues.

Hey @itskerem It’s working for me on OS 10.15. Could you give us some more info that might help to diagnose the issue?

Are you using show in finder in the drive panel view or in the main collection?

Are you able to locate the file manually in Finder? And which drive is the track stored on?

Could you check that the finder window isn’t opening up in the background behind the Engine DJ screen?

If the problem persists it would be great if you could capture a screen recording to show us how the issue occurs.

here’s the video.

Not sure I understand the panel distinction but it’s in the main bottom right window. This is happening for all files, not an isolated incident. I am able to locate all my files manually. Double-checked specifically for a file in question, was able to locate.

Everything involved (my Engine database, Engine DJ itself, all my files) are on my internal SSD hard drive.

I’ve triple-quadruple-checked several times over, absoutely zero new windows are opening up when I hit show in Finder. Whatever Engine DJ is asking Finder to do, Finder isn’t hearing it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer those questions @itskerem, I can see the issue you’re referring to in the video

I’m still unable to reproduce it, even when using the same operating system. Is there any chance you denied file permissions to Engine DJ when installing it? Could you check your system preferences for the permissions set for Engine DJ in ‘Files and folders’ and in ‘full disk access’? Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.55.34 AM

Have you had a previous version installed where show in finder did work?