Engine Connect Issue

I am having a problem when the engine Prime loses connectivity from the SC5000s. The decks are hooked up via ethernet as describe in the User manual. If everything is powered on in the correct order per the manual. After a few songs the Engine Connect seems to disconnect and will not reconnect. All the Cue lights that were in sync with the deck layers return to blue. I have already swapped out the SC5000 players and the x1800 mixer for this issue and it seems to have not resolved itself. Today I updated to the latest firmware that just came out and still is doing the same behavior. All the connections are factory except for the SPDIF cables I purchased separately. Any help from Support and the community on how to fix this would greatly be appreciated.

Not sure if I am stating the obvious or not but IMO the issue is the mixer and here’s why.

I think the issue is with the network portion of your gear. In other words, where the ethernet cables plug and what they do. The fact that you are losing cue layer colors from both players suggests that the fault is with the mixer losing it rather than the decks stop sending it.

When you say Engine connect disconnects and will not reconnect…How are you trying to reconnect it? What do the network lights look like before and after the issue? Try unplugging and replugging the ethernet cables without a reboot?

Also, I assume you have two decks; and we know the mixer has 4 ethernet ports. Have you tried the other two eth ports? (I doubt they would be any different as they are on the same board probably but worth a try)

My guess is there is something wrong with the ethernet hub of the mixer but will admit, it is strange that two different mixers have the same issue and it doesn’t sound like a wide spread problem.

If all else has fails, try doing a factory reset on the mixer from the menu and then test again.

Hope this helps a bit.

I had this same issue, I think I finally figured out the solution! I have two SC5000s connected to my x1800 mixer, both with B Layer disabled. Deck #1 ethernet cord is plugged into port 1 on the back of the mixer, Deck #2 ethernet cord is plugged into port 2 on the mixer. Now the only way the Engine Connect icon appears on the mixer BPM display for both decks and they remain connected is to power everything on in a certain order, otherwise it seems like only Deck #1 receives the Engine Connect icon on the mixer and Deck #2 does not get the icon displayed. Here is the startup / power up sequence that works for me…

1. Power on x1800 Mixer
  2. Power on Deck #2
  3. Wait until the Engine Connect icon displays for this deck (Don’t worry if the Cue button color changes to a different color. It will change to the correct color once you turn on Deck #1)
  4. Power on Deck #1
  5. You should see the Engine Connect icon in the BPM display for both Decks and the Cue colors should be as you saved them. Life is good now! I hope this solution works for you too.