Engine 2.0 With Prime Go - Soundswitch question

I Use external USB SSD drive with my Prime Go’s. How can I hook up the Soundswitch mini dmx (I just ordered 3) to the Go with my ssd? Will a hub work?

Hi @djstevieray - A hub should work fine, although it’s not something we test. The preferred method would be to build your collection on SD card and dedicate the USB port for the SoundSwitch interface.

1 Like

i saw a picture of someone using a hub with the microdmx connected.

infact the person had 2 microdmx connected

worth a try…hopefully the power draw of your ssd is not too much

Indeed it works

Still official USB hub support would be more then welcome, also for connecting a USB harddrive and USB thumb drive at same time, or a even a physical keyboard :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I purchased 1tb sd cards from amazon…all were bogus… they held 16mb and choked. I need to find 512 MB + that are reasonable (my 2tb external SSD’s were $189) I will keep my search going. Thanks JWill

ty addie. I also like the idea of leaving a hub hooked up, less wear on the port from constant plugging and unplugging, cheaper to replace a hub then to send the unit in for a broken port.

1 Like

Yes, a hub works well. I have just tried… I had same thoughts about transferring my music collection to SD card, but it is not necessary.