Engine 1.6 Available Now! Dropbox, Beatsource LINK, Flexible Beat Grids, Stacked Waveforms + More!

We’re excited to announce the availability of the latest Engine release, version 1.6. Available today for both the desktop and standalone Engine platforms. Before we get into the details, we’d like to recognize everyone who participated in our public beta and provided feedback. We truly appreciate your efforts and have incorporated many of your suggestions into the final release - thank you!

To show our appreciation and celebrate the addition of Dropbox, we’re giving all Engine OS product owners a 6-month 25GB space boost. This offer extends to new and existing Dropbox users. Register your Engine OS product on our website today to receive your free promo code.

Update compatible with: Engine PRIME, SC6000/M, SC5000/M, PRIME 4, PRIME 2, PRIME GO

Standout features of version 1.6 include:

Engine OS

• Integrated Dropbox personal cloud storage service
  • Integrated Beatsource LINK open format music service
  • Added Dual-Waveform view for layers (SC5000/M, SC6000/M)
  • Added Flexible Beat Grid support for multi-tempo tracks
  • Added Track Preview (PRIME 4)
  • Added the ability to double-tap to load tracks
  • Added Reloop trigger option for active Saved Loops
  • Added BPM & Key info to SoundCloud tracklists
  • Plus many under the hood improvements

Engine PRIME

• Integrated Dropbox personal cloud storage service
  • Added the ability to manually set Flexible Beat Grids for multi-tempo tracks
  • Added the ability to import Serato DJ and rekordbox 5 static and Flexible Beat Grids
  • Added the option to automatically backup collection when closing Engine Prime
  • Added macOS 11 Big Sur compatibility
  • Plus many under the hood improvements

Take a closer look at the key features in our Ever Evolving Engine Software Update playlist below.

:arrow_double_down: DOWNLOAD THE ENGINE 1.6 UPDATE NOW :arrow_double_down:

:clipboard: Dropbox FAQ & How To

12 Likes

From now henceforce, today shalt be known as:

“ I M P L E M E N T E D D A Y “

And so it came to pass, and it was good :relieved:

1 Like

Not to be too stupid but this is FW for prime 4 right, not desktop?

And I’m going to need some help with the library management because I use gdrive, and I have no library saved to my pc, my cloud backed up library is the library on internal ssd of p4… I’m not sure how this is going to work…

Love this. Okay don’t kill be guys butttttttttt… does dual-waveforms work across players? Or just A and B layer on players?

This update is for the entire Engine ecosystem:

• Engine PRIME
  • SC5000/M
  • SC6000/M
  • PRIME 2
  • PRIME GO
  • PRIME 4
3 Likes

The stacked waveform feature in v1.6 is for layers on a single Media Player.

1 Like

Awesome job, Denon team. Your ecosystem is really growing and improving with every new iteration of software and hardware. Please continue keeping an eye on the user request forums and see what else can be done to take it to the next level. For now we definetly can be happy! Let’s hope we all gonna enjoy clubs and events again in summer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does it load songs from Dropbox on the fly, like it does it say beatport link? Meaning can you add stuff to the Dropbox and play it without resetting?

Can I still use it as library management, not as a streaming service…

I’ve got many questions but I’ve just gone to work and won’t be able to look at this until after midnight.

(Also a little gutted that yous chose to implement dB and not gdrive, 200gb on gdrive is only £2.49. db charges 7.99 at least.)

1 Like

Yes, you can add tracks to dropbox on your computer and fetch the changes on your Engine OS device.

Here are some resources to get you started and answer some typical questions.

Dropbox FAQ & How To

3 Likes

How do I access the dual waveforms? Can’t find a setting for that…

Shift + View :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

All 3 SC5000’s players and Laptop successfully updated. Let’s try it tonight :wink:

1 Like

just installed EP 1.6. i can see the tracks and the previewplayer with all the hotcues , but when i try to load a track it A, doesnt load at all or B it loads , analyses (already did that) , but NO cue points show up. what am i missing , used to work flawlessly before!!!

Has the time stretch algorithm been updated? I might be wrong but it appears to sound better.

2 Likes

Here here :beers: Cant wait to check it out!

Hoping this fixes the frozen playback issue on the Prime 4. Also definitely looking forward to the flexible beat gridding - that is huge for tracks that drift (i.e. anything not produced in the last 20 years…)

This is massive! I’ve been enjoying the beta, so I’m very glad this is now public release.

However, now we have dropbox cloud, can we get Google Drive…? I’ve just purchased 2TB to backup my music on Google, be great if I don’t need to do the same with Dropbox :innocent:

Not updated yet but has the prime 2 got the dual waveforms or can your revert back to what it has pre 1.6??? Just think them full track waveforms be too small for prime 2???