Duplicating USB sticks

Query - Is there any reason I can’t do a simple COPY -> PASTE of the entire contents of a USB stick onto another USB stick? I say this only because I believe the Engine USB stick writing to be extremely slow.

Would this cause issues for the players if they were both plugged in at the same time to seperate SC5000s that were linked?

no

… 12 chars …

should not be an issue at all, I Always use 2 drives, 1 in each SC5000, this because of the 2.4Gb database issue.

1 drive is my master where I add new/changed files from Engine to the drive. This master drive I sync with the other drive.

I never experienced any copy/paste issues.

1 drive is my master where I add new/changed files from Engine to the drive. This master drive I sync with the other drive.

Do you build a complete drive and then just copy paste that master’s entire drive contents to the second stick?

I use a sync (back-up) application to only copy the new/changed files over to the 2nd drive. Copy all 150Gb over all the time will take too much time.

But I have copied over the complete drive already a couple of times without issues.

Can you share the name of your sync app you use. Also is it available on Mac?

I use the following workflow.

add mp3 files to my folder on my mac machine update/change mp3 tags (mp3tag) import into rekordbox. analyse and add cue’s/loops convert/update collection to Engine Prime of the new/changed MP3 files with Denon Conversion Utillity (DECU) This app places the files and Engine Prime database on my portable HDD (USB3) This External HDD is the duplicated to my 2nd external HDD, this syncing I do with a app named Free File Sync. This app, like DECU, only copies the new/changed files, so no need to wait.

hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks. Appreciate the info.