Drop box required?

My music playlists seem to have the drop box icon next to them and won’t load on the SC6000 unit without me signing into drop box.

The files are physically sync’d and present on the drive, why is it asking me to sign into drop box to use the files?

What if I have no internet connection where I’m playing?

Why is my collection running like this, how do I make it use dropbox as a backup and not the source or at least not required when I’m going to go play on someone else’s machines??

Hey @AlexiHusky, Dropbox is certainly not required. It’s just an extra source you can use to play music from. You can play tracks offline from USB, SD, and internal SATA drive bay. Dropbox is treated as its own Device in Engine DJ.

It’s going to be a lot of typing to go through all the possibilities to get music to a source, but everything is well documented in the user guides. I would recommend the to study both the user guide of Engine DJ (desktop) and the SC6000, both linked below.

It’s also possible to disable Dropbox completely. In the desktop software you can do this in the Preferences → Library → Integrations and turn Dropbox off.

On the hardware press the Shortcuts button or swipe down from the toolbar to open the Control Center → Settings → Services → Disable Dropbox in Cloud section.

Hope this get you started for now, but if you have more questions feel free to ask

Hi Addie, the extremely annoying point is this: I have all my tracks saved in Dropbox and they are synchronized offline with my Macbook. I pulled these offline tracks into Engine DJ and have them synchronized in Engine DJ using the Dropbox function. If I synchronize my collection onto an SD card so that I also have the tracks offline if there is no WiFi connection at an event, this doesn’t work. The tracks are synchronized to the SD card, but my Prime gives the error message without a WiFi connection: Track Download Failed, Failed to get Dropbox download link. It can’t be that when I copy my offline tracks from the Macbook to an SD card I always need a WiFi connection and Dropbox connection in the Prime. What is the solution for me. I look forward to suggestions. I also tried one thing: If I also import the Dropbox offline tracks into my Macbook collection in Engine DJ it works, but then in Prime I see all the tracks twice, once with a small Dropbox symbol (files cannot be played without WiFi) and the normal track. But I don’t want double synchronization and duplicates. I would like to use my offline tracks from Dropbox and sync them to the SD card and also be able to use them offline. How does it work?

Feature request approved here:

Tracks that are synced from Dropbox offline can‘t be played without internet connection - Feature Requests / New/Open Requests - Engine DJ Community