Dragging files to a crate(/playlist?) no longer updates the crate with the track

Hello all,

I’m having a problem where when I drag a file from either windows explorer or from another crate in my main collection into a crate on my USB drive, the track no longer shows up. It used to work like this fine and it no longer does, what has changed or what am I doing wrong?

Is this a bug?

Edit: This started happening after updating to 2.0.2. I have a gig this Saturday so I uninstalled and rolled back to 2.0.1 and the issue persists. There has been no changes to my laptop in this time other than updating Engine DJ from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2.

Thanks! -g

I have never used that method and was not aware it was an option. If it’s not working you need to use the ‘Sync Manager’ and select the playlists you want to update.

PS. Crates were removed as of 2.x so it’s all just ‘playlists’ now.

I did see that crates and playlists were combined in to one ‘thing’ now.

Let me ask you this, if I use sync manager, tbh I don’t trust the sync manager, because my workflow is such that I keep the main collection and the collection on my USB identical… the question is, do I really need to select every playlist on the main collection and export to my USB every time? Is it going to re-pack those tracks on to my USB?

I’m trying to avoid writing large volumes of data to my USB, that’s precisely why I drag from main collection to the USB, to only write the new tracks only.

If I forget to select one of them, does it really delete it off of my USB?

I can test this with another USB I suppose, but I’m not next to my gear right now, and if someone knows, I appreciate any insights.

But anyways… The issue remains that it is broken right now. I plugged my USB in to the SC5000s last night and the track is on the USB, but it is impossible to add it to any playlist/crate right now.

The sync manager has some intelligence, and will only update what it needs to.

I think you can select one folder to update without it affecting the others on the external drive.

I can’t rename or delete the playlist off of the USB now either. And here is why I don’t trust the sync manager to update one folder,

… If you notice in the bottom right corner, it says unchecked items will be deleted from the drive.

I also tried with a fresh USB (which, for what it’s worth, is identical to the main USB that I have been using for the past few years), I used the sync manager. The sync manager does not create a crate/playlist on the new USB, it will add the tracks, all in to the one big jumbled “collection”, but it won’t make new playlists/crates.

1 Like

I’m updating this thread because I found a solution to this issue I was having. I’m pasting my reply in another thread which helped me solve it.

//

For anyone else wondering, this works. I’ll detail my exact steps below, but I don’t think you’ll need to go through all this, but i’ll still write it here for what it’s worth.

1. Closed down Engine DJ.
  2. Moved my entire Engine Library folder from the default Music folder into another folder called Backup_Engine_Library.
  3. Open Engine DJ and let it build a new database which was missing a lot of playlist and track info, which led me to go to step 4.
  4. Deleted the new Engine Library folder.
  5. Dragged the original Engine Library folder that I stashed into the “Backup_Engine_Library” folder back in to the default Music folder.
  6. Opened Engine DJ again and now all is working!!!

Good luck everyone!!!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.