I’m proud to announce our very first PRIME 4 Public Beta! The main new features in this beta are the ability to connect to the internet and TIDAL Music Streaming service. Full release notes and download links below. We look forward to your feedback!
- Enabled internet via hard-wired and Wi-Fi connections.
- Integrated TIDAL Hi-Fi music streaming service.
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Improved speed for searches that return many tracks.
- Quantize state is now saved over shutdown/power on.
- Zone out now shows progress bar for current playing track.
- Fixed an issue where tracks with a metatag BPM outside the range of 30-250 would result extreme BPM ranges. This also includes BPMs that use commas instead of periods to show the decimal number ie: 120,00 BPM.
- Fixed an issue where searching for the file name of a track would result in incorrect results returned.
- Fixed an issue where certain 320kbps AAC tracks would playback with audio artifacts.
- Fixed a vulnerability that would allow the system to crash if many short (less than 1 second) tracks were played on multiple decks using continuous mode for an extended period of time.
- Fixed an issue where in rare cases, a deck’s track skip button would stop working.
- Fixed an issue where a mouse cursor would appear when a combo USB keyboard/trackpad was connected.
- Additional bug fixes and performance improvements.
Known Public Beta Issues:
This is a list of bugs that we are aware of and will be fixed before the final release of 1.4.
- Switching from a local collection to TIDAL Search and back again may result in a crate/playlist not showing it’s contents. Workaround: Select a different crate/playlist and then re-select the original list.
- Track selection will reset to the top of the list if any track in the list changes to green/played state.
- Track selection is reset when changing a track lists’s sort order.
- Rapidly disabling/enabling Wi-Fi connectivity sometimes results in a mismatch between the icon state and Wi-Fi functionality. Workaround: Switch Wi-Fi off and on again.
- If a database/collection is recognized as corrupted, removing the drive without properly ejecting it will result in the Prime 4 resetting.
- If a database/collection is corrupted and requires a migration to the latest version, this process will hang forever, requiring the removal of the drive and a force shut down (holding the power button for 10 seconds) of the Prime 4.
- Downgrading to a pre 1.4 released version will not disable Wi-Fi connectivity. Denon DJ is not aware of any issues caused by this. To avoid this, simply disable WIFI before downgrading to the previous version.