Does Engine prime support Mixed in Key app?

Hi all, I was wondering if mixed in key app is supported by engine prime. I am trying to export the cue points and energy levels to engine prime directly from mixed in key, but no luck. With serato dj pro I could do it. I could export the cue points and energy levels from mixed in key. Also try to export the cue point and energy level from serato to engine prime, but only the energy levels were exported, the cue points were not. Does anyone know how to make them? Thanks!!

I have Denon Dj prime 4!

No, no cue point import via MiK. Engine Prime doesn’t have an energy column in the software, but you can write energy rating to the comments. It does read the key info though but you must turn off Auto Analysis in the options before importing tracks otherwise it will use it’s own algorithm (which isn’t as accurate as MiK) to decide what the key of the track is.

You can import the cue points (or you used to be able to) but you have to push them through Serato first, then import the tracks out of Serato. Bit of a pain really

I now use Serato lite for this exact purpose and i find the workflow to be rather simple.

Prior to this i was using Traktor Pro 3 > Mixed in Key > Engine Prime which was very hit and miss for me, very frustrating.

I actually complained to the MIK developers not regarding the MIK software but their decision to close the forums [due to spamming etc] and they took the time to get back to me personally and asked me if there was anything ‘technical’ i wanted to ask - question was simple, when were they going to embrace the Denon EP ecosystem with MIK so that we only had to use this as part of our workflows and not have to rely on Serato etc, apparently it is something that they have been discussing, so you never know, it might happen in a future release that we will have full integration with Engine Prime, which would be nice.

1 Like

I got my workflow from MIK too, Chad is excellent with his customer service.

Exactly what I asked MIK too, but they told me it was no longer a top priority and I am very sorry to hear that. I have been doing the MIK-Serato-EP conversion for a year now and I can have preprogrammable Cue points on Prime 4. Still, it would be nice if MIK would surprise us in this.

1 Like

I do use Serato Lite for the same reason. I wish MiK would be supported directly by EP and the SC players. I don’t like to have the energy in the comments tho because I put my own stuff there and when I need use RegEx to find certain comments and keep the energy value in place when multi editing files… well it’s a pain in the ass. I usually write which cue point is safe for transitions so if I play a track which I haven’t played much, it’s very helpful to me to read at what cue point I should mix the track in and what cue point should let it go out.