Does 2.0 Firmware fix the screen freezing

So I got my replacement unit last Wednesday. I have ran the thing 24 hours a day with auto mix running. NO ISSUES. No screen freezes or anything. I turned the LCD screens down to 80%. I will continue to monitor the controller for another week. I still have time to return and get a different unit or get my money back.

A bug is a bug not a vlontary issue. If there is a fix it a good thing. Denon does it best and there products are good You can say it in too ways : there is not enough power for brithness or brithness is too high for power. So just adjust britgness to match.

Keep us informed

MXC8000 is a really good product. Have you tried to reduce screen britness before giving is back and buying a more expensive product that does less ?

Here you go people! :slight_smile: http://www.denondjforum.com/t/mcx8000-v2-0-release/10831

1 Like

Hi Guys,

First off let me say that I am very sorry to hear of your issues with the display lock ups and freezes! As a mobile DJ I know how important it is that we trust the gear we use. It’s unfortunate that such an issue has negatively affected this great product and our brands reputation. At Denon DJ we always strive to push the limits and create the highest quality gear possible.

I can confirm that the new firmware version 2.0 does not resolve screen freezing issues. As others have mentioned it is a hardware related issue but does not affect all users. Display lockups are also not reproducible in all environments.

But there is good news…Recently, we discovered that in certain environments, electro static discharge (ESD) could sometimes cause display lockups. Upon this discovery we were able to make hardware changes and improvements to resolve this issue. If you are still experiencing display freeze issues please contact the support team in your area for service. The MCX8000 shipped with a 3-year warranty so almost everyone still qualifies for warranty service. If you’re outside that window please PM me and I will do what I can to help.

6 Likes

My 2 cents. I had a brand new MCX8000 that I purchased a few weeks ago. Loaded Serato for Windows 2.0.4 Freezes all the time. Sent the unit back and got a new one. Still had issues and also a problem with Autoplay. I uninstalled 2.0.4 and loaded 2.0, bam, not 1 issue. No issues and I ran that unit for 1 week straight in autoplay mode. Could it be the software version> Just saying…

Its an interesting point and may be helpful for others to try before sending in for service. Did you use the same computer and same test environment?

Yes, same PC, same location in my basement studio. It ran 100% perfect with 2.0 but not 2.04.

I had the same issue past sunday with the same Serato version! And it’s not just the screen, but the entire deck is not functionnal. I closed Serato, restarted it and everything we’re back normally. It’s surely a software problem. I never had this issue with Serato 2.0. I will revert back to this version.

Something to take note of: When using the 8000 with SDJ & other software that makes use of midi controllers. Sometimes the other software (eg: lighting software) can actually hi-jack the 8000’s midi functionality.

• especially the screens!! I have had this happen a couple of times where the 8000 is working perfectly with SDJ… until I start my lighting software. Then the displays either go into demo mode / freeze up. I believe the software is probably sending a sys-ex command that the 8000’s display react to. I have to start-up the lighting software first, then disable the 8000’s displays in the software settings, then start SDJ. Then it seems to work ok. Just a tip for anyone experiencing weird issues while using other software alongside SDJ.
1 Like

Thanks Jwill.

I’ve been dealing with this since I bought the MCX8000 earlier this year and its my only complaint. Unfortunately, its a BIG issue and has kept me from doing any serious gigs. I beta tested the new Prime Engine for you guys and was hoping the 2.0 firmware would provide a resolution but I see here that it is a hardware issue. Anyway… tonight I updated the firmware and installed the new Prime Engine - will try setting the screen for mid brightness to see if that works for me. Even if that works, its nice to know you guys have finally confirmed that it is a hardware issue and not the 10 or so USB’s I tried (re)formatting with no success. Also nice to know I have the option to get this fixed via RMA. Thanks!!!

The latest pioneers to be affected by a hardware recall. Best of luck

i am still having the screen issue. I tried changing the screen level to Mid since there is now only HI Med and Low

To be honest, if you replace MCX8000 with a unit that is only a simple controller - then you bought the wrong unit originally. You should have went with MC7000.

I do understand the users who ditched the MCX8000 in favor of XDJ-RX and RX2, that is a different thing.

Thank you @djmathos

you saved my day with your fix for the screen freeze. Got myself a new MCX8000 that froze every single time I loaded a track on the right player. Reduced my brightness to medium and it worked fixed all freezing problems. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Happy to read this. Community is made to help us each others. This product is good and we can all work to make it even better.

1 Like

I think that if there any room left in the 8000 for any more firmware, then they should remove the “high” brightness options all together as it seems to cause issues.

Outdoor gigs might need the DJ to add their own shading options, like a parasol or well-placed flightcase lid etc but why leave an option or setting on a machine, if it makes it crash, or contributes to it crashing.

At one point someone from Denon said reducing the brightness was snake oil. When people initially noted that it helped with the “freezing” issue. They are right though as after a few weeks of no issue with brightness at 90%, my 8000 started freezing again and this time it was worse (the other tweak I did was to change the jog led to single for, instead of the circular one).

So best to just send it in if you have the issue at all.

So for this question as I think you will have made great sentence properly. What is snake oil.

I spend a lot of time reading the forum posting as I have to translate every posts before I can choose whether every posts worth reading (and yours are fine, I’m not saying otherwise). For me then some long rambling posts are so long but just off topic (again I don’t mean yours -,but I have learn to not worth work on translate if Post has word Hanpin in it)

Are you saying that the reduion of brightness setting was not a fix , or it was a fix?