DN-X1700 DVS Setup / MAC / VirtualDJ

This turned me away when it was first time around as I was knee deep in DVS and all my vinyls

Now looking again without my need of DVS it looks like a very different girl.

If I remember good, it was only capable of running 2 channels in and 4 out. (That gives only 2 channels from the dj software and one back for recording). It was switchable, I think to 6 channels one way, or 2in + 4out…

Think so. I remember it could it only on one channel or something, your prob closer than my memory hahaha

I tried countless mixers in recent years and I have to say that the DN-X1700 is the best mixer built for DJ for both Vinyl and CD (Analog + Digital)… in terms of components and sound quality. You can’t beat that unless you spend £4K plus…

Honestly, I would never consider Pioneer, and I am not saying this because we’re on a DENON board or because of the war between the 2 brands… but you seriously have to have some hearing issues to not pick how TERRIBLE is their sound quality on the highest end mixers… and let’s not even mention ANALOG source… mental

I would stick to my 1700 + DS1 (to solve the Card issue) any-day… I have high quality RCA (custom built) Short cables and my problem is solved.

on the latest OSX only but it would work as 4 in 4 out on Win and old OSX, but just decided to stick to it + DS1 for the sound quality and its effect… Studio grade mics pre-ams, world class phono preamps (mix vinyl and collect them) I’m very happy with that mixer.

I’m currently selling my X1850, while it has some of the best features, I feel it’s very bulky and not so great on Analog source. But at least it’s very fairly priced.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.