DN-HD2500 unable to open mp3 CBR 320kbs / undetectable as soundcard in Win10 / 64bits

I bought this controller for a few dollars thinking that I could use it easily in standalone or sound card mode. Yesterday by copying a simple list of mp3 files CBR 320kbs in the device, I realize that it reads only 39 out of 90. Deception … In addition, I cannot detect it as soundcard in windows 10/64 bits. I specify here that I already have a controller for Traktor and that I simply wanted to have a simple standalone player if necessary. (This is a google translation from french…)

Thanks

Windows 10 and 64 bits were both science fiction at the time when the 2500 came out - it’s midi features were added after launch and were very basic - so just button presses were sent they midi - I don’t recall if it could be used as a sound card or not

What about difficulties with mp3 ?

Mal-formed MP3s can give different difficulties to different players : try dropping the troubled tunes out to CD-R then re re ripping them - also get rid of their album art . Some tracks have huge album art that stops some players from liking the file

Thank you very much !!! Everything work now, I removed album art from my mp3 files. And about the soundcard mode, I have to select Midi from source and not PC. As soundcard I have to say it sounds really well even on my Naim system… Merci encore !!!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.