DJ City Prime 4 Review

DJ City Prime 4 Review

5 Likes

Outch He’s absolutely right about Engine Prime, 2 years and nothing new

3 Likes

I agree with mojax. We really need awesome software for the awesome Prime gear we have. I’m even thinking the the software on the decks should be ecaxtly what we see for engine prime

I am loving the hardware, but have to agree Engine Prime is cumbersome and hard work to use, it is massively behind it’s competitors. It worries me that it hasn’t really improved in 2 years.

I don’t honestly rate the Serato Import function either, I have ended up completely changing my workflow to suite the software better at a massive time disadvantage to me when prepping gigs etc.

I haver also applied for the Engine Prime Beta project as I want to give some valid feedback to help it progress.

Mojaxx review is spot on too

Thanks for sharing this. After doing research a few days ago I wish this video had come out then to save me time. Made the purchase anyways. I was also surprised & disappointed that the mics don’t come out of my headphones.

I have put that in as a Feature Request in the forum, so please go and like it, that way it is more likely to be implemented

Definitely there is going to be a fix! I did too bought a prime gear recently. But I don’t regret it am happy with my purchase. I do have issues with engine prime. That’s why am trying to help out and letting them know what’s going on. As long we stick together and try to help out we should be seeing progress soon. Just trying to stay on a positive side :wink:

1 Like

Awesome, I’ll do that. I’d like to make a feature request for a few things as well. It has only been a couple days that I’ve had the P4 so I’m still trying to get familiar with it before I do that.

Edit: My main issues are also with Engine Prime but like you said I’m optimistic

Regarding EP, here’s a quote from Denon “we have invested in a 22 strong software team based in New Zealand who are solely dedicated to DJ software.” Denon are very aware that EP is the lame duck in the whole eco-system, this new software team will create new versions of EP that will be awesome. How about that for optimism huh? :wink:

3 Likes

The good news here guys is that software can always (and is) be improved and the dedicated team on EP right now are doing so.

@drmtc - suggest mics coming out of the headphones in the feature request section, this was an upgrade to the X1800 a few months back.

1 Like

Absolutely the prime 4 deserves better. EP is not good enough.

1 Like