Distortion Issue MC7000 Win10

Hi forum! I’m using Windows 10. After the last update I have a distortion issue after 10min of playback. My laptop is a i7 8th Generation Asus with 16gbram and SSD. I’ll check the latency but nothing im frustrated.

Distorted immediately or distorts after the laptop has been running for a few hours ?

After 10/15 minutes. :frowning:

Try increasing the latency setting . Laptops slow down as they get warm , it’s their way of cooling down

I’ve got the same problem with ASUS VIVOBOOK and i cannot fix It. I changed the latency but It doesn’t work… How can i fix It!?

1 Like

I also contacted twice the support from DENONDJ but no One answered :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the issue with a Asus Zenbook UX433. Today after 17min increase a distortion.

1 Like

I assume this is with Serato ?. Serato and Windows 10 is just horrible. There is a real issue with the sound sub-system and time duration. These threads are very popular over on Serato forums. There is no issue with the mc7000 itself.

Fix: Install Windows 7 as a dual boot. Then you have a clean OS to use just for DJ work. Thats what i have. Serato works perfectly in Win7. No freezing, no sound issues. Just reliability. I do Club sets, and a FM Radio show so cannot have my laptop freezing on me. I know people with MACs that have freezing issues too. But Win7 is just perfect.

Not a solution, after my opinion I need a fix for windows 10 20h2 BTW. I’m running VDJ It could be very nice with a fix

I’ve replied on your other post about the same problem - increas the latency setting on the laptop sound

This is true. However its not down to Denon, or Serato, or even VDJ to engineer-out the Audio subsystem faults in Windows 10. Thats down to Microsoft.

However they have done little in the last 2 years with this issue, as it comes up in almost every Win10 update rollup. Just look at all the threads over on Serato’s forums about this issue. Windows 10 is just not stable enough for an Audio production platform. Mainly due to the fact they over-write the audio drivers frequently with MS own versions rather than the manufacturers.

So as is quite common now. If your a Windows user, then Win7 Pro x64 is the way to go. Its simple to setup as a Dual boot. Then you have a Clean OS to use for DJing work. Most importantly super stable. I have not had 1 single issue in over 2yrs now and i update Serato several times a year. Done 2hr stints at Ministry of Sound in London, again, faultless.

My MC7000 is not working well with Windows either. I find it to be completely unusable, to be honest. The laptop is a monster - Dell Precision with 6 core i7-9850H, 32G, Nvidia Quadro, blah-blah. It doesn’t how powerful the laptop is

I tend to blame MC7000 asio driver, as other sound devices sound much better … there are many people using Windows for Audio work. It can be that “generally bad”,

Its not the MC7000, its windows 10. You only have to look at the 100’s of threads about this over on Serato forums. Windows 10 is just awful for Serato and DJ work.

Install Windows 7 as a dual boot and it will be perfect. Then you have a super clean OS that only has the job of running your DJ software. So full resources available. I also have a Dell Precision i7 laptop with a Quadro. Very nice machines. Bit heavy but built like a tank.

I’m using my MC with an old rMBP 15 from 2013. It works great with it’s i7-4850/16G … the Precision is 5540 and it’s light and compact, but the Mac is better. And I keep the Mac running the DJ staff …

BTW, I also enjoy the MC7000 with iOS on both iPhone & iPad. Djay Pro AI with this new NeuralMix is soooo good … I’m not even bothering with Serato. Serato seems so fragile, compared to Djay, IMO.

Thanks!