Display waveform of other SC6000 with two linked players?

I’ve just received two SC6000s, the X1850 will ship later this year. I’ve connected each of the SC6000s two my home router via Ethernet. Does this setup allow me to show dual waveforms on both players?

I didn’t find any setting in any of the menus. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Nope

https://community.enginedj.com/t/stacked-waveforms-between-players/36897?u=mufasa

1 Like

Thanks for pointing to the feature, I just upvoted it. I think, it’s one of those features, that’s a must to implement. It’s nice to have the dual waveform ability with the layered decks. Not offering it to customers, who purchased more than a single SC6000/SC6000M is sort of a bummer.

That’s what the vote option is there for. Some will find it useful, some will find it a waste of screen real-estate, (it’s already on the other screen) some will think they want it, right up until the point where they see both waveforms, confuse which one is which, and manipulate the wrong deck

But it’ll be nice to have it as an option

1 Like

Exactly. Since the general ability is already built-in, it’s sort of a bummer that it’s limited to single machine setups, hence “penalising” customers who bought two machines.

1 Like

Although it’s a different consideration eg: network traffic to pull waveforms across the network from another player. Later on layer waveforms are easier

That should be neglect-able over a wired ethernet connection.

Speed/bandwith wise, yes. Stability? I would rather not risk it.

Besides, plenty other broken stuff that needs to be fixed before adding this type of features that appeal mostly to people who do not want to use sync but also do not want to beatmatch. Waveriders…

1 Like

Stability should not be an issue since the code for dual waveform animation is already in there.

Waveriders! Yeah! I love it. Waveriders are the best.

1 Like

Right now that code is for waveforms from a local unit, you and others are asking for that data to be pulled in realtime through ethernet cable - so it IS an potential issue.

You want features on the expense of stability…for me and many others here that complained about lack of that in recent firmware updates that is not desireable.

2 Likes

No. I didn’t start any sort of competition nor did I make bold assumptions. Probably re-read my posts.

Good devs wouldn’t send the waveform data in real-time over the wire. There are smarter ways to implement this.

Apart from that, stability is an all over guiding non-functional requirement. That must be clear.

First get your story straight, is the waveform data sent through link or not.

Same as me, you’re not here from yesterday. You cannot say that with a straight face when every firmware update from Denon brought new features and broke several things, from silly front LED lights to serious waveform issues in one of the last ones.

Asking a new feature to cater to new DJ’s but oh, please retain stability? To a company that is constantly doing the opposite? Gtfo

Here for fun. Not for a debate. Guess all has been said and this topic will auto-close soon.

I spin using 1 deck only with the denon. Sometimes even with dual waveforms I forget which layer I’m on and mess up. (I want the developers to fix it or fix me :crazy_face:)

Having 3 waveforms on deck while using 2,3 or 4 decks might not be all that it’s cracked up to be and one might think they can achieve better situational awareness with that feature but maybe it could actually hinder it.

How long do you think it would take for someone to train themselves to actually use that feature.

That’s because using layers you have two waveforms of equal presentation.

A small reference waveform for the other deck should not confuse

1 Like

You just gave me an idea my friend.

Maybe I can put in a feature request to make the playing deck cell a little bigger and the second layer cell just a bit smaller.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.