Digital inputs

Hi Everyone

I’m hoping you can help. I have 2 x SC5000M & X1800. I had originally wired the SC5000M decks to the mixer via layer A&B outputs to the line in Inputs on the mixer.

Everything was fine but I was finding that the song playing would just drop out and there was no sound at all not even the mixer was showing a signal even though the track looked like it was playing fine. Also nothing in the headphones. I then re wired each SC5000M via the digital output direct into the digital input on the X1800. This seems to work fine now but the left hand deck is on Channel 1 and right hand deck is on channel 2. I would prefer to have them on channels 2 and 3. Is there a way to switch them without having to go back to how it was wired before. Also just noticed that on the right deck the layer button is not lit up so can only play 1 track but the left deck all is perfect just need to move the channel. Many thanks Dave

To have Left Deck Layer A on Ch2 attach the Layer A to input 2, Layer B to input 1 Then do the oposit with second Deck. Layer A ch 3 and Layer B Ch4. The Link cables switch like this - Left Deck LINK 2, Right Deck LINK 3.

1 Like

Layer A of both decks dictate the channel layout.

So if you want the left player on ch2, you should put the ethernet in eth2 on the X1800.

Right player on ch3 = ethernet in eth3.

Layers A will appear on ch2 and 3.

Layers B will appear on ch1 and 4.

Connect audio accordingly.

Edit: I was too late. Had to go pee…

2 Likes

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. I have tried moving the ethernet cable to ports 2 and 3 but still plays on same channel ?

Thanks

Ethernet cable has nothing to do with Audio, this is only for Link data (BPM and file sharing)

Thanks for reply.

I did have it wired the way described with layer A&B into the inputs but there was sound loss so moved the inputs to digital out from the SC5000M To digital inputs on mixer but there is only 2 digital inputs and not 4. I have found a solution though by using layer A on left hand deck which plays on channel 1 and right deck on layer B which will play on channel 4.

I would of just liked them on channels 2 and 3 that’s all. Thank you for your help.

Dave

Marked as solution, but not solved…?

There are 4 digital inputs on the X1800 (plus a link in and link out for extra mixers). Digital sound uses only 1 RCA cable. I hope you know that?

Connect the ethernet cables like we told you. Left deck on link2. Right on link3.

Connect the digital audio of the left Layer A to digital input2. Connect digital audio of the right Layer A to digital input3.

Left digital Layer B goes to digital input1. Right digital Layer B goes to digital input4.

OMG, did You read, what I wrote? Check the backs of You’r gear, read what I posted. Come back to us with questions. Please :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should not have had dropouts just because you were connected using analog, though.

1 Like

Hi thanks for your help and I did not realise that it only used one cable so I’m sure your way will work.

When I get home from work I will give it a try.

Many thanks

Dave

2 Likes

No problem. We are here to help. Let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s help after changing the inputs around as written by Reese everything is on the correct channels and working fine.

I appreciate everyone’s input and help (Excuse the pun)

Have a great weekend

Dave

2 Likes

Reese is amazing :pray: Ohh forgot NoiseRiser in this one… Sorry, but can only tag one :frowning:

1 Like

Great that it works for You, we are happy to help.

Credits to my fellow Dutchie @NoiseRiser also!

1 Like

Dank U wel Reese :wink:

1 Like

Yes thank you NoiseRiser you were both a great help appreciated.

Have a great weekend

Dave

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.