Description for "Show In Explorer/Finder" in EP manual

I noticed the EP manual states that right clicking and selecting Show In Explorer/Finder is:

“useful if you want to rename or move the file itself”

How so? If I right click and select the option, a window opens - but I cannot rename or move the file. A message pops up saying it can’t be done because the file is open in EP. So that’s no use.

If the file is already lost in EP (it’s shown in red) then right clicking and selecting Show In Explorer/Finder does absolutely nothing - so that’s no use either.

Therefore I’d like Denon to please explain how Show In Explorer/Finder is “useful if you want to rename or move the file itself”.

Thank you for your attention.

1 Like

Eject it from your player, you’ll be able to access the file then.

Edit - I don’t quite understand why moving the file would be useful, unless because you have done it via Prime it retains the file information. I would expect it doesn’t though (I’m not trying)

OK I must’ve had it loaded I guess - but renaming it or moving it (although possible) doesn’t change anything in EP. It just causes the file to be lost, so the question still stands - how is it “useful”?

If you could right click a red track and relocate it, there might be some value in it, but that doesn’t work.

Can’t disagree at all, what is the purpose to move a file that is then not recognised by the main programme??