Denon sc 5000 platters how they respond?

I heard in interview that the platters responds weird : sometimes they are very sensitive and sometimes a little to late

any 1 have this experienced ?

Mine are very sensitive , always constant , it is a joy to use them , in the beginning i had to get used to them , they are quite heavy and when in the lightest resistance they gain a lot of momentum when nudging a bit to strong , nothing you can’t get used to Overall no problems whatsoever👍

Mines had a low response but dummy me had the plastic cover on it. But is has a good responds. It’s kind of sensitive but nothing you can’t get use to

My ones are very sensitive. No Problems.

With “slip-mode on” they respond so well, that you can create gated-effects with your fingertips. :slight_smile:

mines don’t even need to be touched hover your hand about 1 inch from them stops the music is this normal ? happens when I strech over to select a song.

That happens when you have excessive static electricity/current in your body so the touch capacitive jogwheels (that work by detecting touch from body current on your fingertips) pick that up. Often the problem is the grounding in the electrical grid of your house.

You can try testing by placing one hand on something grounded (metal chassis of the mixer?) and hovering the other hand over the jogwheel.

3 Likes

I just got two in Saturday. One platter responds awesome but the other you have to push down kind of hard. Once you push it a few times it learns. It’s kind of a pain. I do have the plastic still on the jogs but the one is responding fine so maybe I’ll try and take the cover off the other one to see if it’s a problem. I wish they would have a setting in the player to increase or decrease sensitivity of the jog just like on my mcx8000

:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

2 Likes

ooookaaay … :roll_eyes:

Emojis are utter waste on a foruns

They exchange no opinion conversation

1 Like

Thanks for the smartass replies. Maybe I’ll just stick to youtube seems like there could be less trolls there

Take the plastic off the jog wheels. I’m amazed the touch is working at all on either consistently for you with it left on.

1 Like

Ok I sure will. I own a business so I’m on the road until tomorrow evening but as soon as I get in I’m gonna try it. When I get something new i try to leave the plastic on a while lol. I guess in this case it was a bad thing. Thanks for the reply

You taking the time to answer seems like you have more free time then what you try to lead people to believe. If it’s such a waste of time then why stop by to answer? If u feel like it’s stupid then don’t say ■■■■. U just look like a bored asshole on a forum trying to be a smartass cause you really don’t have anything else better to do

I agree with you in total.

It’s a size manual and it should be looked through but it loses all cleverness when forum boys treating you under.

Ride above the Petty

1 Like

Pffff…why bother > deleting all my replies

Took the plastic off and they work perfectly. I appreciate the advice.

2 Likes

I have yet to have an issue with 5000m’s or 5000’s

1 Like

They respond very decent, not as tight as the Roland dj 808 which are in my opinion the most precise response on a non moving platter/jog/whatever on a controller. The Denon SC 5000’s have a tension control which takes some “getting to your feel”. I recommend the heavy setting first to get the feel. I like them very much and they are connected to the Denon DJ X1800 via the ethernet cables and digital cables and usb’ed to my laptop to control Serato DJ and Presonus Studio One, with 2 tb external hard drive for each unit. The trick to these units is you have the dual layers and with the 4 channels on the X1800 you can mix 4 decks at once. As for the Denon DJ SC 5000M’s which are hooked up to Rane 70 A-Trak mixer via usb and I have 2 seperate 2tb external hard drives to access my music library. I will highly recommend switching out the control vinyl for a 7" record or purchasing the vinyl from the 12" Skinz website. The feel on the 5000M’s are very very on point to the point where your hand speed is excellerated due to the way they respond, I do have the Rane 12MK2’s so there is a back and forth adjustment to keep me sharp. I will eventually get the SC6000’s but happy with the units I have. Denon DJ nailed it with the SC5000(M) I used all the controllers and have owned the Pioneer’s which some will go to their graves saying they are the best, but it is about your choice, example some like Acura over Honda, Lexus over Toyota, Infiniti over Nissan, Porche over Audi, Audi over Volkswagon, etc. Pioneer in my opinion have their own marketing techniques by using some big name dj to get people to do the ohh ah, but I always get what fits you. Like when I turned my back to Technics and went Vestax due to I could scratch better on them and that pitch, MY GOD THAT PITCH. A VERY BIG THING FOR A DJ THAT MIXES IS PITCH. To all remember it is all about the music and we are the gatekeepers to people having a great time, dancing their butts off and the spread of the human population, lol