Denon Prime Go…………decks unresponsive, performance pads not working

Bought a Denon Go, arrived today, set it up, tracks werent playing. Upgraded the firmware to latest release, still not working. Tracks will load on to each deck but nothing happens when you hit play. Also the pad modes dont respond well nor does the auto loop encoder. I have tried version 5.1, 6.0,6.1 and 6.2, all have the same problem. Im not happy!

It’s probably the manual

The pads “not responding well” could be that you’ve got quantize switched on, so the pads only req t to you when they’re pressed on the beat of the music, however if the Beatgrid (see Engine Prime software) is slightly off, then quantised pads will seem like they’re “not responding well”

Decks not playing could be a few things, like you’ve loaded something from usb but changed sources to phono input for example - all depends.

Its worth a long read of the manual

After that we’ll, options option

The pads dont even light up when setting hotcues, dont change when u hit roll function, none of the pad modes work! The tracks are loading to the decks but when u hit play, they dont move, when i spin the platters in vinyl mode, the waveforms dont move. So frustrating, iv just left my rane 12 in to get repaired so this we unit was gonna keep me going till it came back! Iv packed it up n gonna send it back to the retailer 2morrow.

Try flashing the firmware again….

I have tried 4 different firmware versions, none of them make any difference whatsoever :man_shrugging:

Did you try with streaming service?

Or a different USB storage?

Tried with Beatport and Tidal, same story. Only have the one storage drive so cant test another tho i do have a new SD card arriving 2morrow so will try that

You can test the stream service without an USB/SD card in the unit. It just won’t save anything.

Aye, iv done that. Just gonna send it back, which is ■■■■ cause i have a gig on sat night, now gonna have to use my rane 70 in transport mode. Boring!