Denon Prime 4 2.0 , pressing cue or sync interrupts live deck

I’m surprised this hasn’t been reported yet, but on 2.0 re-enabling sync or pressing cue on a non playing deck interrupts the playing deck. Its a real headache when mixing with 3 decks. I’m scared of pressing either in fears of the live track skipping.

Interesting, this has never happened to us. Can you submit a video?

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, after I mix in the 2nd track. You can see I press the cue and it disrupts the playing track. On a side note, to my knowledge I cannot replicate this via Tidal. I’m now wondering if this is a read speed issue on the USB. I’ll have to do one more test in transferring some files internally to the SSD and try recreating the scenario. I wasn’t able to recreate the sync issue. It only happens when sync is blinking and I have to re enable sync, which results in a skip.

If the SYNC key is flashing, that player is out of sync with the LEAD SYNC. So the moment you press SYNC and it turns on fix, you will get a slowdown or acceleration of that deck because it will try to align with the LEAD SYNC deck.

1 Like

That was the case in 1.62. In 2.0 if the stationary “non playing track” is live with blinking sync. It will cause the live track to skip

You should check if that unplayed track has become LEAD SYNC (by mistake). Unfortunately on 2.0.0 the only way to understand who LEAD SYNC is is to load two different tracks with dynamic grid in the two decks. Thus the two big blue buttons will appear on the waveforms with which it is possible to understand who is LEAD SYNC and possibly make the switch.

Obviously the non playing track must not be lead sync.

Even in Traktor, regardless which track was master. Skipping does not happen, and the last time I used Traktor was over 10 years ago.

Updated to 2.01, As far as I can tell, pressing cue or sync no longer interupts the live track. Re enabling sync does not make the live track skip either.

2 Likes