Denon needs to work on marketing the SC6000

Maybe that’s down to them not being too specific on many things.

Do you remember the downgrade in pitch resolution in 1.0.3? Or the asymmetrical and over-sensitive jog bend? Both were claimed nowhere, but pretty sure expected as basics from a professional media player.

1 Like

Which they changed back though , right

Yup, they did it - which is much appreciated - after a minor public outcry :rofl:

3 Likes

Apparently some people are buying the new Pioneers because they can’t find the new Denons in stock:

SC6000 prime have been back order for much of the summer. This is very different from Pioneer which announced their product and already had stocks in pretty much all their distribution channels.

Last month, a local music store in my hometown were selling their old rental XDJ, this was clearly because they were replacing them for CDJ3000.

Meanwhile, i’ve been waiting for a sc6000 for weeks now… This is really a missed opportunity for Denon.

1 Like

AGI, American Musical, EMI, and VIP Pro Audio have em in stock. Most people I talk to say they simply can’t find enough info about them or hands on reviews since latest firmware updated, so they are going to buy what they are already comfortable with (Pioneer unfortunately).

My memory is very fuzzy here. I remember this same argument right at the beginning about what the box said it could do, against what people thought it should do (and it did need to do the things it’s now been changed to), and also the removal of things that worked perfectly (pre-loaded loops for one). I don’t remember the legacy Denon sound promise, but I didn’t own previous Denon so it was not something I looked out for.

The snippet was from someone in the UK. Seems like a pretty important market that’s either selling out and/or not getting stock quickly enough.

Bop have no stock of either, whilst DJ superstore seems like they have both (no doubt they’ll tell you stock levels when you complete your order)

Hah hah… I’m suspicious of whether they have that Gemini, though. Is that a legit site?

Juno seems to have deactivated the ability to search for most of Prime right now because they’re out. You can use Google to find the direct pages for the products on Juno, though.

1 Like

Bop are excellent, especially for trade ins, and nice to be able to visit the local store (Manchester) rather than relying on mail order.

I’m not keen on ordering from anywhere that doesn’t confirm stock before ordering though!!

3 Likes

Just enable out of stock in your search filter on juno

1 Like

Looks like they put all the crap together on the bottom of theIt webpage :poop:

1 Like

Pretty sure djtechtools pulled their review down.

No sir, but can you name one piece of software that can’t access a hard drive plugged in to a computer.

This feels exactly like it did 3 years ago! :rofl:

1 Like

Any, when the drives in a format that the host device isn’t comlatible with. Which is why we tell a dozen people a month about ExFat etc

Engine prime does not require ExFat formatted source drives to work.

If you have Windows - EP reads and writes to NTFS If you have Mac - It reads and writes to HFS and AFPS.

Those are the native file formats for those systems. Not ExFat not Fat32

I can have my external in either of those native file systems and I should expect any program to recognize them without issues.

But it’s amazing that you feel this way - it shows how far the development has gone from the early change your rider days. I will borrow a leave from you and focus on the now but I will not forget the before.

To say nothing of the fact you were supposed to be able to create a database and, if you so desire, save analysis files for drive formats on a computer that were stated as read-only on the devices they would later be used on. There’s also the source/master library issue Mufasa mentions so you could export drives, though.

FAT32 is actually native to both OSX and Windows. It dates back to the old 5.25" Floppy days and has just been carried over and updated ever since. It also runs on Linux, Android, Chrome OS, and IOS devices. It IS the universal file system to use on external drives. This is why software such as Engine Prime and Rekordbox are designed to utilize it. If you need to format a large drive to FAT32 in windows or osx, there are plenty of freeware tools available. Personal, I’ll just connect an ubuntu vm and use gparted.