Denon needs to work on marketing the SC6000

We already had 15+ years of one overpriced manufacturer. Please don’t wish that Denon goes the same route with huge marketing budgets and then charging the customers in the unit price for that.

5 Likes

Maceo using them on his stream today. And Bushwaka.

1 Like

The problem is not what deeajys are using on their streams and/or at home. The problem is that their artist riders still list pioneer gear. Clubs, Event Companies and Venues will not purchase Denon gear as long as they know they are good to go with the current 2000 nexus 2’s they have on hand.

Was yesterday

2 Likes

That Morales set was right up my alley :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If you guys are serious about getting the word and marketing out here is something to consider,

The clubs are closed now. It is now the wild,wild, west for djs. You guys are worried about a club standard for non existing clubs right now? :laughing:

I think this is appropriate for here.

1 Like

Looks like Morales has gone back to using Pioneer. The Denons seem to only be used on that one session, then the following weeks they’re gone.

He’s streaming right now BTW.

Different promos and streaming sessions, different gear. There would be little reason for Morales to not play on, or keep the Denon sc6000.

Morales seems to be using players as controllers, so in that regard, assuming the software he’s using is compatible with both, then Prime probably has the advantage. I don’t know which software he prefers, though.

If he were to want the players as controllers to also act as sound cards, though, obviously that’s not possible on the Prime players right now and he’d have to use Pioneer. Clearly he has other interface options, because even with the Pioneers as controllers he’s not using any of the audio outputs on the back of them.

If he wanted to use them with track offloading from a computer over ethernet, then Pioneer wins since we can’t do that yet from Engine Prime.

If he wants to stream from the internet without having to use a computer, then Prime wins.

If he wanted to use them as USB drive players, then Pioneer wins on the sound quality aspect assuming he carefully stays near zero pitch or just has keylock off.

If he plans on doing radical key change stuff, assuming his Pioneer option is only CDJ-2000NXS2 and not the new 3000s, then Prime wins.

2 Likes

Looks like he’s using an Apogee Duet (tonight anyway).

I have just collected my sc6000s on Friday from bop. Stock is now arriving, they said they’ve been inundated with denon orders.

3 Likes

Mojaxx is back on his Denons. Guess the 3000’s weren’t convincing enough for him to pull the trigger and make the switch back to pioneer

1 Like

Asked him in one of his last streams. He said he is switching back & forth between the two.

1 Like

Makes sense. I just feel like he’d be :100: on the pioneers of he preferred em.

One thing I don’t see mentioned much is the difference between the jogs. Coming from CDJ’s (and many years prior on 1200’s), the 6K capacitive jogs definitely have a different feel than the mechanical CDJ’s. While they function in a similar manner, the feel takes some getting used to unless you’re coming from controllers. I much prefer the textured vinyl surface of the CDJ, vs. the smooth (sometimes slippery) surface of the 6K’s. I know there are the M’s but I believe they’re for a target market, with the 6K’s geared more for the general population. I would have chosen the M’s if they somehow were able to place a center screen in the jog’s, which I wanted in my next player. That said I love the LED jog ring of the 6K’s and in my opinion, they are the nicer and more modern looking units. I really like my 6K’s and am happy with the switch, but I don’t think it’s a simple switch over for many top DJ’s, for many of the reasons people have already called out. I suspect after spending some time with them and using the jogs you’ll either love them, dislike them, or make a decision that they’re fine when looking at the big picture of all the great technology you’re getting with them. Will be interesting to see over time how things pan out.

1 Like

any dj can use any jog wheel especially if your talking the slight difference between mechanical and capacitive, your talking absolute cobblers.

4 Likes

Sure, that goes without saying. It doesn’t mean the experience of using different jogs is the same, or even enjoyable on some gear for that matter. I can mix on anything, as most DJ’s can. I simply prefer the overall feel of the CDJ jogs. Just because it’s my preference doesn’t mean I’d drop the money Pioneer is asking for them :slight_smile:

Still love my 6K’s though.

1 Like

So do I. But I knew that before I even placed the order for my first 6000 (I now have 2). I have felt the jogs on the 3000s and they feel better than ever. I wish Denon had gone mechanical (pressure) sensitive rather than static sensitive. Oh well, I rarely scratch, so it’s not that big of a deal. But, if I had my way, I would keep everything else about the 6000s except the static sensitive jogs.

*also, as an aside, I used to have a DDJ-SX2 and had an issue where when plugged into this particular electrical socket at my house, it would make the playback stutter. So that is an issue regarding static sensitive platters that you should all be aware of. If your socket isn’t properly grounded, it will wreak havoc on your decks. Just something worth keeping in mind :wink:

https://streamable.com/wo0tld

Good advice there. Also be aware that if you’ve got a wall socket that’s fully grounded but are using an extension lead that’s got bad or no ground that will trip things badly, as will some other electrical device that’s got an electrical fault. My mate had problems with grounding and traced it eventually back to a hifi tuner amplifier on the far side of the room which wasn’t even connected to his DJ gear, which was sending current across the earth wire into every wall socket in his house.

Allister Whitehead using Denon right now over on Mixcloud:-

https://www.mixcloud.com/live/allister-whitehead/

1 Like