Denon MC4000 with Mixxx - can't connect Mic

Hi Denon & forum community, i recently purchased a Denon MC4000 and uploaded Mixxx (both are brilliant) - but i am having real troubles trying to connect a Mic to either Mic input 1 or 2 on the Denon

Mixxx sees the Denon - i can play music, it sees all my libraries, i can mix, hear music thro both the headphones via the Denon - and thro’ speakers connected to the computer

the Sound Hardware box with Sound API is on - “Windows DirectSound”

The Denon can also “hear” the Mic, as there is a little light next to the volume button - and the light flashes when i speak into the Mic

The Mic is brand new and works, as i have plugged it into other sound equipment to make sure that the Mic and the cable are in working order - which they are :-))

i have juggled about in Preferences in Mixxx and the only Inputs showing are - Primary Sound Capture Driver - and - Stereo Mix (Realtek Definition Audio) - with the 2nd box offering - Channels 1-2 - or - Channel 1 - or - Channel 2

Computer is on Windows 10

does anyone have any magic answers ? it would be very much appreciated :-)))

very many thanks, cheers, Percy

It’s common for the mic inputs on controllers to not be connected to the USB audio. If that’s the case, you can’t route the mic to any DJ software via the controller.

The other option is to plug the mic into the computer directly, or via a suitable audio interface.

What’s your use? Are you recording, or broadcasting/streaming?