Denon MC4000 Left/Right channel volume meters

I am hoping to purchase this controller as a backup or something I can take with me to smaller gigs and small booths with crappy equipment etc. I really like the overall simple layout of this piece. It’s definitely right up my alley. Is there an update (current or future) that addresses the way the level meters display volume levels when “cueing” left or right channels? It seems to display master output but there’s something weird happening when you cue channels A or B in the headphones. Does anyone have a work around or can guide me in the right direction? I would like to figure this out before I make my purchase. Thanks in advance.

That was a problem with how Serato mapped the hardware to their software (LED meters on most controllers are “powered” by midi messages from software). One of disadvantages with “native” mappings. They supposedly fixed it in one of their updates.

Unfortunately, they still haven’t fixed some bug where a midi message from controller’s line fader stops the playing track and switches the cued track (both on Intro and SDJ). Don’t know if anything has changed in 2.0 version of SDJ (Pro). Controller works perfect in Traktor, VDJ, etc. so

Thanks a lot for the response. I’m using SDJ forgot to mention that. Not quite sure I want to switch platforms at this point. Hopefully it gets sorted for Serato.

That was a problem with how Serato mapped the hardware to their software (LED meters on most controllers are “powered” by midi messages from software). One of disadvantages with “native” mappings. They supposedly fixed it in one of their updates.

Unfortunately, they still haven’t fixed some bug where a midi message from controller’s line fader stops the playing track and switches the cued track (both on Intro and SDJ). Don’t know if anything has changed in 2.0 version of SDJ (Pro). Controller works perfect in Traktor, VDJ, etc. so

Thanks a lot for the response. I’m using SDJ forgot to mention that. Not quite sure I want to switch platforms at this point. Hopefully it gets sorted for Serato.

SilentCool, imo the best option would be to head over to the Serato forum and ask them about this.

I did, there seems to be other issues popping up with some guys complaining about platter issues etc. It has worked out well for some after a few Serato upgrades but not for others. So it’s very hard to tell.

I went as far as calling Denon but there wasn’t much they could give me. I was told that there wouldn’t be any future firmware updates for this player since Denon doesn’t consider this a widespread issue.

I might be wrong here but I am pretty sure that the platter problem is more about the surface an individual may be playing on than the platters themselves. I have platter issues with the 4000 but I had the same platter issue with a DDJ-SX and my old NS6. The thing about these style of platters is that they are capacitive, so if you are on a surface that is not well grounded (like thick carpet), then you will have issues. I had this issue on all three of those controllers in my studio which is carpeted. I know it was not the units because when I moved them to a gig or even down into the kitchen the platters worked flawlessly. I spent a lot of time with Numark trying to resolve the problem but I think that they had a hard time duplicating the problem as they were probably troubleshooting on a well grounded surface.

1 Like

I think you’re right. Had an issue like that with before at a gig that already had an NS6 setup. Had mine in the car & when I brought it out…same issue. Have you had any problem with the channel meters?

Great advice. Thanks!

1 Like

I have never experienced the Channel meter issue your speaking of. Did you get a resolution at the Serato forum?