Denon DN-S3700 user hacks, solutions, fixes,

How did u cut the hole and edge to fit

Is your settings correct? I would reset the settings, then start over. Push MIDI, set to 200Hz, 2800mps, 33 RPM, It should work, its very rare that a PCB would be at fault. This model is touchy compared to its younger brother the 3900 when it comes to playback on DVS or MIDI mode.

Sounds like a over heating issue. Is the deck housed in a road case?

Yes I am using Virtual Dj 8 and it works fine as long as the settings are set properly. I dont have a unit with me now so i cant read you my settings.

was it difficult removing the disc clamper from the previously installed disc and putting on your 45s

FYI if you use Traktor, there is a large database for tsi mapping files: Traktor Bible - Mapping(s) for Denon, DN-S3700

Sorry for the late response.

I cut the outter edge down to size using a hot knife and then sanded it down smoothly with sandpaper and a Dremmel rotary tool. I made the inside hole bigger using the rotary tool as well. Was quite a lengthy job but was worth it.

No, its not difficult at all. Once the screws are removed, the clamps are easilly removed.

Hello,

Iā€™ve jus buyed a second hand Denon DJ DN-S3700.

I have a major problem : It doesnā€™t recognize most of my USB files, especialy aif and wav formats.

How to fix it ?

I looking forword to a firmware update ā€¦but the update section in my account section doesnā€™t recognize my serial number.

What can I do ?

Best regards,

Anton

And have you verified that the files you wanted to play on the S3700 are in the supported format as per the S3700 user manual?

the DN-S3700 is supposed to read aiff and wav formats.

Guess then you have a different manual than I do

Here I see ā€œMP3/WAVā€ comptability :

DNS3700EM_FRANCAIS.pdf (levenly.com)

and I have a picture of mine this afternoon with a wav file playing (I canā€™t post it because Iā€™m a newcomer on this forum).

It could be about the bit rating ? Only 16k f/s 44,1 khz and no more ?

Mp3 and Wav only in the manual you posted

and only up to 44.1khz (Sample Rate)

Load all your files into a music manager eg itunes

Sort by Sample Rate

Convert anything above the recommended to the ā€œcompatibleā€ format

1 Like

Hello,

Hoping you all can offer some guidance.

*My DN-S3700ā€™s are not reading the .mp3 files on my SanDisk 128 GB USB Drives. *

The program Iā€™m using is set to convert the files to 44.1KHz 320kbps .mp3 files which is what the manual suggested for compatibility.

Once converted, Iā€™m using Denon DJ Music Manager to upload to the USB and I do not receive an error code at this point

It is not until I plug the USB into the S3700 that it fails to read

While writing this post and testing different things, I tried uploading the files to an older USB given out as some cheap merchandise at an event; the files read fine!

Is there something about newer USB sticks with higher read times that these decks canā€™t handle?

Okay, upon further investigation, the newer USB I purchased is formatted in exFAT while the older USB that does work with the deck is formatted in FAT32.

I will explore my reformatting options and continue to post for any future users reading this thread.

Using the Windows ā€œDisk Managementā€ tool, I deleted the 128 GB Volume and replaced it with a single 32GB volume formatted in FAT32 (I left the rest of the storage unallocated).

The drive is now being read by the S3700!