DENON DJ Support - still existing and operating?

Is it only me or is there a general problem. For all my carefully filled support requests (I have attached all and everything what was requested), and in the meanwhile I filled around 5 I never got an answer. The only thing I ever got is an email asking me to fill a survey if I was happy with the result. Of course I was not. :frowning:

Also after the introduction of LC6000 last year in spring there is until now no way to select it in the product selection dropdown.

On the other side for support requests related to Akai products (as well inMusic support) I always got a friendly answer after some days.

Consider there is an issue with form submission and they are getting never notified on support requests. :astonished:

I am really wondering why.

1 Like

Hi,

what issues do you have? Maybe we can help :slight_smile:

But the support request should work, Iā€™m wondering why you havenā€™t got a response.

2 Likes

If itā€™s hardware related, Iā€™ve always found that itā€™s easier/quicker to get a response by simply calling rather than wait on email support. If itā€™s software related, youā€™re pretty much S.O.Lā€¦itā€™s gonnaā€™ be a while.

No, it was not hardware related. I was asking for some further information about the device.

Mainly I am wondering why not to get an answer at all.

Thatā€™s also why I never filled a support request about my problem with the dimmed buttons on LC6000.

Hi @Aquadics - Sorry to hear of this. Iā€™ve raised this internally to see what may be happening. Which support channel did you submit your message to, Denon DJ or Engine DJ?

In the meantime, Iā€™ll be happy to help with your inquiry.

The LC6000 operates on USB bus power, however the USB bus you are connected to dictates how much power is supplied to the LC6000. This is why we include a power supply, to ensure the unit always has sufficient power to drive all the controls and LEDā€™s.

Hopefully this helps answer your question.

2 Likes

I @JWiLL thanks for your reply. The issue I filled (it was on Denon DJ website not Engine) was not about the dimmed buttons from the LC6000. It was about getting some additional documentation describing MIDI Sysex messages. I could only find information about MIDI controller messages on the website but are interested on the other messages two. In detail its about the message to bring the cover art on the display. The rest I already figured out. The same I was requesting for SC6000 but in this case more on Controller Mode.

Concerning LC6000 the first I did was to connect it to the provider power supply but this did not bring any change. I already mentioned why for me it is more difficult to determine the state of the Sync, Master and Key buttons. As I said the font is much larger compared to the buttons on SC6000 which of corse requires more light to make it more bright. Of course it would be great if this could be fixed with an firmware update since there are more user complaining about it.

1 Like

Hi @Aquadics thank you for the additional information.

The MIDI specification is the only technical document available to the public. SysEx and SDK documentation for controller mode are reserved for our third-party developer partners.

Weā€™ll keep your feedback in mind regarding the SC6000 LEDs. Itā€™s worth noting that the Sync and Sync Lead (previously Master) status are also shown on the touchscreen for additional visual feedback.

I can understand that regarding media players and sdk but the lc6000 is just a controller. Couldnā€™t the sysx docs for the lc6000 be reconsidered for public use?

2 Likes

@JWiLL Thanks for letting me know.

How to become a third-party developer partners. I am a professional macOS developer with a company since over 10 years. How would I apply ? I am working on a software which is mediating between TRAKTOR Pro and LC6000. Only the cover part is missing. There could be much more LC6000 units sold with additional software support.

Also as @Wyley1 said, the LC6000 is sold as a ā€œMIDIā€ controller intended to be used with any MIDI Software ( I assume thatā€™s why we can download the MIDI documentation ). I see it some kind of limited if we are not getting the complete MIDI documentation and only a part of it. What is so secret on the MIDI Sysex format ?

This is not how we ā€œembrace the futureā€.

From an open minded and modern thinking company I would expect open standards and open documentation. Consider if Apple would limit the usage of iOS SDK to a small group of developer and would keep the documentation secret. They would not be in any way so successful as they are.

1 Like

Regarding support, I do have the same experience. When I first got my Denonā€™s, about a year ago, I tried to update them to the latest firmware, but somehow that didnā€™t went smooth. I immediately contacted support for this, but never received an answer.

In the end, after a few retries everything updated fine. But as a new owner getting no reply from support at all leaves you with a bad feelingā€¦

Thatā€™s a big contrast to Pioneer, where I asked for support on Rekordbox not importing some tracks in my collection, and recieved answer from Lennert Wolfs. After about 15 mails, with really short response times (except for the time he needed to ask for help himself, it proved to be a really technical thing) my problem was resolved. And I am not even owning any Pioneer products!

1 Like

Iā€™m glad someone brought this topic up. I contacted support for assistance regarding a networking issue I was having with my units shortly after purchasing my second unit. I never received a response (still have emails). Iā€™m probably out of the warranty time and still intermittently have the issue. I just use 2 drives, but miss out on the tech that networking offers. I can still use the help!

Denon with a ā€œDā€. Like Doesnā€™t listen. Doesnā€™t answer. Doesnā€™t test before. Doesnā€™t care.

1 Like

I can show you there are people saying the same thing for Serato, pioneer and Traktor.

Denon has been releasing updates and implementing feature requests at a faster pace that pioneer and Traktor.

You are right, my experience is the same but in some way it is different.

NI/Traktor: You get really a fast reply but the answers are absolutely unqualified and itā€™s obvious that the company is not caring on more ā€œprofessionalā€ user.

Akai/inMusic: With Akai I had a good experience (but not perfect) I always got an answer after 5/6 days. They really care on there customer and try to help you.

Denon DJ/inMusic: I never ever got an answer on my questions form the support. Support form on website does not contain the actual products. The only emails I ever got is the survey to ask you if you where satisfied. Some of my inquiries where answers from the friendly Denon guys in the forum. But it was not at all what I would have expected as the answer :frowning:

AiAiAi: This is my number 1. It takes them only 1/2 days and the answers are really helpful and friendly.

ROLI: Absolute worst you can get related to waiting times. Its the only company I had to send my hardware for an exchange. I opened the case at the beginning of last year, finally was able to send them my hardware in September and are still waiting on a return. They promised me now 3 times that I will get the tracking number in 5 to 7 days but nothing so far. Yes I know that Roli is insolvent but as far I know they are reforming the company and expressed that they are still offering support for existing customer.

EDIT: Just today I got an answer and the confirmation that the replacement will arrive soon. To compensate for the long waiting they also offered me a free update of their flagship synth software. The products form ROLI are really great and I can recommend them without any doubt. Especially the software concept for the hardware is the best and most flexible you could ever get. Hopefully they will get back to business because this guys deserve it. Maybe they could get an inMusic brand :slight_smile:

My main interest in contacting the support is to request additional documentation or to provide feedback on software issues which are not working for me. I am really wondering what would happen if I would have a hardware defect with the other brands. I think in this case its always the better solution to contact your store to see what they can do for you. Most of my musical gear is bought at Thomann and I buy with them since over 30 years :slight_smile:

Denon has by far the worst support Iā€™ve encountered.

Rang them yesterday looking for help because the latest firmware has disabled mine and other peoples crossfader and all I got was denial of existence. The support were more keen on charging me for repairs that I have now 100% confirmed being a firmware issue.

1 Like

Updates that brought more bugs than fixes. And I donā€™ give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  of what comes with pio, serato or traktor. I bought a Denon, and what interests me is not what other people are doing. This is the support for the brand of the device I have. The fact that other brands do this or that is by no means an excuse. There are customers on this forum who posted issues over a year ago, and still no response.

4 Likes

Hey @JustMe Sorry to hear this wasnā€™t resolved properly. If youā€™d like for me to follow up with a technical support agent, Iā€™d be happy to. Completely understand the frustration. Feel free to DM if you have any questions you still need answered.

It isnā€™t support that I need now. I have figured out the problem.

The problem now is, I am left with a Prime 2 with a crossfader that doesnā€™t work properly with the thru buttons and I canā€™t use firmware above v2.0.2 because it disables my crossfader but your staff did not want to listen and just denied it ever being a firmware issue. Shipping my Unit to Germany isnā€™t an option for me as it would cost me Ā£200 before any repair cost.

As you can see from this thread it isnā€™t an isolated problem and our units are now not working as they were bought because of the latest. firmwares.