Denon Controller for SC6000 / SC5000 leaked again!

It’s definitely a roll up situation and with venue with proper lifts

1 Like

If these things are in place and working in the video, my guess is we’re about to see an announcement at NAMM. gets wallet ready

1 Like

Hmmm… I think it’s a massive giant USBstick in the front port of the SC6000 :nerd_face:

3 Likes

You’ll probably have a LOOOOOONG time to get your wallet ready before you can actually buy them, even if they’re released tomorrow lol

1 Like

I m hearing “SOON”…

2 Likes

DJ Pierre is live right now on Beatport/Denon Link’d Sessions using them.

3 Likes

Still using his potato camera :stuck_out_tongue:

Over head Shot - Sagem My-X6 mobile eh

Anyone else waiting for him to use the new players…15 mins deep

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Yeah, still waiting. He just needs to drop a loop onto them and at least make them look less like an anchor on a boat.

1 Like

Someone needs to whatsapp him lol. We are there for the units lol.

2 Likes

I think I see a name of LD6000

Definitely a touch strip along the top

I’m looking forward to Denon holding dj competitions. Kinda like Pioneer’s ‘Big Break’ program.:wink:

2 Likes

Split screen too. Nice

1 Like

To me, it doesn’t look like a controller. It appears to me deck extensions dedicated for the second layer on the SC’s. Instead of having to toggle back and forth between layer 1 & 2, you now have a dedicated jog wheel for layer 2, removing the need to purchase 4 SC’s.

It’s probably similar in function to a Rane Twelve.

Another interesting thought would be to add timecoded support so you can run turntables with timecoded vinyl. I would like to see this for the SC’s and Prime 4.

You are correct. Hence the title of this thread “Controller for SC6000/SC5000” :-p

If you look into the 1.6Beta FW Image, which you can extract using 7zip…There are a number of config assignment files listed, usually in the name format of Jxx

There is one that references LC6000…so guessing this will be the name

4 Likes

some SC4000 files on those folders too, so a new mid range player may be available in the future :wink:

4 Likes

A SC4000 would be great! I thought they gonna give the new unit this name (considering there had been a SC2000 already) but I can also imagine that the SC5000 is eventually getting discontinued, still receiving updates of course, and there will be a new mid-tier SC4000 multiplayer deck for about half the price of the flagship. Sharing the same dark design, but with the smaller 7" screen, more basic jog, no SSD bay, 2 banks x 4 performance pads and single layer. Expanding the Engine Prime ecosystem.

(A 2ch successor of the neat DNX600 mixer would be neat as well! Maybe a DNX800?

• Similar footprint and functionality, max. $600
  • Small integrated Lan hub (3 ports for 2 players + StageLinQ)
  • Single monochrome OLED display for parameters and utility
  • Send/Return and USB Slot for Recording (like DJM450)
  • Sweep EFX)
1 Like

Maybe something like this??

3 Likes

Oh wow, exactly what I had in mind! Nice mockup :slight_smile:

Just labeled as SC4000… it is more connected to the current Prime generation, than the old 3700 and 2900/3900 era.

Probably not of Denon’s priority right now, but for sure something to keep in mind, once Covid is over and the competition with the other brand over the DJ booths and bedrooms is truly starting to unleash :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s an awesome mockup.

I really wonder what they’ll do with the dual layer feature, tho — interestingly, it seems from how the players are talked about that the more ‘pro’ you are, the more you really want two separate decks, vs one deck with two layers. Now the upcoming controller for the second deck will change that dynamic somewhat (tho would you really want two screens for your two decks?), but for me as someone who was very price conscious and very space conscious, the two layers in one was a life saver.

That’s all to say that I think two layers may actually be more of a down market feature than an up market feature, and I could see them keeping it on these (potential) smaller units because of that. It is also one of the HUGE differentiators in the market vs Pio., and a major piece of the pricing equation. At least it was for me: once I ran the numbers and realized I could get a single deck that could do double duty for that price, the game was over, even before I fell for Denon’s UX and overall approach.

1 Like