Decksaver?

Anyone know when there will be a Decksaver for the SC6000? I’d like to have a pair ready for when my 6000s arrive.

2 Likes

Best to ask Decksaver, don’t you think?

First place I looked. Thought that maybe someone here had some information.

I called them last week.

It’s of course simple economics. Prime2 and PrimeGO are planned for August/September. They were supposed to be available earlier.

SC6000 is not yet planned.

1 Like

They better start planning then :wink:

4 Likes

I wrote them on facebook. They plan to release decksavers for the 6000s in around a month :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice, thanks for sharing Kevin.

whybuynew / getinthemix have the SC6000/M decksavers pictured and available for preorder - available October 19th apparently.

1 Like

After using some big mouse mats, I’ve already pre-ordered them (which I normally never do…).

Looks like there’s just one decksaver for both 6000 & 6000M. That thing is freakin ugly :rofl:

1 Like

Yes. The old 5000 was also replaced by 5000M. It’s just protection for my gear, it doesn’t need to look fancy.

Awww man, that blows!! I have Decksavers on all my gear, but I sure as hell don’t want that extra space for the spindle on my 6000s. That does look ugly!!

2 Likes

Well, I swallowed hard and bought those ugly-ass SC6000M Decksavers for my non-motorized SC6000 decks. The plastic bubblewrap (LOL) I’ve been using isn’t cutting it. The reason I hate that little extrusion for the spindle so much is because it no longer makes the surface level. With my NXS2 Decksavers I could put other gear on top of one of my CDJs when I wanted to test something out. With that nipple poking out, that won’t be possible anymore. Oh well, no other options, I suppose. Whatever, at least the dust will stay away :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yep same here. Should have been made available last Monday, but they will be a bit postponed.

Denon DJ could potentially make some money by offering their own branded deck covers. Same with face masks. The range of products in the DDJ shop is very limited.

A few tops and a pair of socks. No caps, mugs, keyrings, USB flash drives, pens…

Thinking about pulling the trigger on these deck savers for the SC6000 (non-M) but I want to know if I will have space to store a small Kinder Surprise Egg toy in the space assigned to the spindle, atop the jog wheel. Can anyone confirm this with photos? (The toy not the whole egg of course. The whole egg would be ridiculous. That’s what the space under the plinth is for.)

Well, we haven’t taken delivery of the Decksavers, as they are not yet out in the wild. They are pre-order only at this point. But, LOL, you want to know if a toy will fit in the space allotted for the spindle? Haha, that’s something you are going to have to ask Decksaver ( https://www.decksaver.com/contact ), or pull the trigger on one and test it for yourself.

1 Like

The range products in the DDJ shop is very limited. A few tops and a pair of socks. No caps, mugs, keyrings, USB flash drives, pens…

Pants. That would provide more excitement. Branded Underpants. For confidence. #changeyourstriders

you want to know if a toy will fit in the space allotted for the spindle? Haha, that’s something you are > going to have to ask Decksaver

I might have to research further. Kinder Eggs are contraband in the US and Customs & Border Patrol are known to issue hefty fines (>$2500) upon detection of the chocolate treat. I’ll test this offshore.

So we should wear them on the outside when doing gigs, so everyone can see we’re Denon guys?

Actually, Atomix used to have VirtualDJ thongs in their online store. Not any more though.

2 Likes

Could the spindle part be cut off?