Deck select via touchscreen

• **What is the feature or ability you would like to have?**I’ d like the ability to select the deck (when in 4-deck mode) by touching the on screen deck i want to work with.

• **How will this feature help you and others?**More intuitive & efficient way of selecting decks instead of pressing the deck select button on the unit.

• **Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?**none that I know of.

• **Does a workaround currently exist?**press the deck select button on the hardware

• **How often would you use this feature?**When using all 4 decks, all the time.

• **Is there any additional information you’d like to add?**I find myself wanting to tap the screen to select the deck I want to work with, I think this would be very beneficial.

3 Likes

I know on the separate players, it would be nice to be able to touch the 1A, 2B, etc spot if the layer button ever gets broken in the middle of a set. It would be nice redundancy. Wondering if there’d be an accidental tendency to ever hit it, though, when using the other touch aspects. I’d also like to see cueing and layer be linked together when in solo mode as an option. I have, however, sort of gotten into the habit of letting tracks play out and just using my thumb and index finger to hit both View and Layer at the same time prior to loading a track, such that I’m always loading a track on a third or fourth deck. This also provides some uniformity to the wear on the faders and channels’ pots on the mixer.

I don’t really think so, because the on screen ‘in-active deck’ (if we can call it that) is slightly greyed out, so therefore the only time your finger would be going to that area would be to switch / activate it. I totally get what your saying about even wear of faders etc… The way things are implemented at the moment, I can actually predict the first button on these units to take strain is gonna be the view button, as it is used every single time you want to select a track or switch sources. I’d love the ability to simply rotate the scroll knob to get back to the library view (FEATURE REQUEST) —> Return to library view by turning scroll knob and to be able to see & select / change sources within the actual browser (FEATURE REQUEST)—> Change / Select Source via Library There was mention of this in the latest beta firmware, but for some reason it wasn’t actually implemented

Waveform size is a bit strange to be on the encoder, anyway. Curious why they chose to do that when the on-screen method is always going to be there and mostly what people will use.

If you think your feature requests are related to mine, please heart mine…

https://denondjforum.com/t/option-under-utility-to-link-layer-cue-for-sc5000-x1800-combo/