Deck 2 is no longer synchronous after a short time

Hello all,

after the 1.6 update deck 2 is out of sync. i loaded 2 times the same track, pitch on 0%, synchronized after heard and after a few seconds deck 2 hangs for a short time and the tracks run asynchronous (also with the syncbutton). in 1.6 beta 2 the problem was also, but not so strong that i had to correct a lot. i tested this with all 4 decks and only deck 2 makes this problem. am now back to version 1.6 beta 2. does anyone else have these problems, or knows a solution? Have the device very often reset and always recalibrated.

Look at deck 2 jogwheel. Does it changes colour during playback?

Hi, I’m having the same problem. It also affect deck 4 on mine. Have tried Beatport and USB, no difference. Will try with Serato today.

Got mine on Thursday and did an update directly so i don’t have any older firmware to roll back to. Will not make the same mistake twice to upgrade the first month.

Really annoying problem.

– Update – Have now tested with Serato, same problem.

The video, to me, doesn’t show the same.

Different songs, pitch and not showing sync. So the grid or bpm is wrong. 148.0x difference so to speak.

It’s the same problem, just different songs. Doesn’t matter if i use the same song on all decks, the problem occurs no matter what.

Okay. Then try and Instant Double a track and make a video of that as well.

Don’t have a Prime4 here anymore to test, but I’ll leave you with your problem as you don’t want to be helped. Have a nice day.

If Instant Double stays in sync, you are the problem. If it goes out of sync, firmware is the problem or the unit of course.

If you set this up manually, it could be off. Instant double is a tried and tested way to see exactly what is going on, its helped other users with the exact same problem so its a valid step, no need to get snarky.

Thanks for the help but instant double also gets out of sync.

I removed the link so no one gets confused.

After some testing i think i have a solution for my problem. I have protected my deck with the white plastic that came with the Prime 4. It seems like the plastic generates static electricity that affects my right deck when using Vinyl mode.

I poked on all metall with my potato chips fingers to get rid of the electricity and now it seems to work :slight_smile: I also disabled Vinyl mode which also worked for me.

Mabye i’m an idiot and have made som bad comment but don’t rub it in (Reese and Jonny) :slight_smile:

I’ll hope it will stay this way and not be a problem in the future, have only used Pioneer gear and never had this problem. On the other side i haven’t been so impressed by a product as i was on Prime 4 either :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh no THE FOIL! :sunglasses: Normally I ask that question first.

Let’s see how it goes, but yes, the platter can be sensitive. :+1:t2:

Thanks for helping. :smile:

Unfortunately i found out that the only way to get rid of the problem is to disable Vinyl mode. A calibration did nothing either.

Very strange that it’s only the right deck being affected.

We saw this with PrimeGO earlier, but to my knowledge not with Prime4.

How does the right platter respond when reverting back to 1.5.x? Or draining the power completely and then trying again.

I can test a Prime2 but at the moment I use SC6000 and SC5000; plus that would not exactly be the same. I hope other Prime4 owners can chip in.

Thanks for the answers. The color is not changing. Will test it later with the vinyl mode.

Ok.

Unfortunately i did an upgrade directly so i don’t have any earlier versions to test with. Seems like Denon have removed them from their site.

Have drained the power and after that i did an calibration of the jog wheels but no luck.

Hello all. I have deactivate the vinyl mode on Deck 2 and both tracks are sync. I have run both tracks over 1 Minute and nothing happens. But i dont know, is it a Bug? It is definitly the vinyl mode.

Vinyl mode was a workaround for 1.5.2 on the GO.

I’ve raised this internally as it didn’t show before on the Prime4.

1 Like

A little summary of 3 hours of live streaming on MixCloud. Everything works great except vinyl mode. (Haven’t tested all functions) As soon as i activate vinyl mode the sync slips (not much every time and not always). A more annoying thing is the audio glitches which occur at the same time as the jog wheel changes color to white for some millisecond.

My first livestream with an Denon controller and i love the Prime 4. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great Narcotic303 :slight_smile: Better than nothing.

Yes, now it is better. But i hope it is a Software problem and denon see this and fix it. No backspin on Deck 2 in the next time :smiley: actually i use 1.6beta but i will test it with 1.6 full. I think it is the same problem. I don’t know how it is with 1.5.2.