Deck 2 is Frozen after update

Same method used for USB update across the PRIME platform. Doesn’t matter if the instructions are for the PRIME 4.

too much hassle… looks like ill have to take the deck back…

pioneers are far much better… less hassle!

Right Click on the Zipped folder and select “Extract All”. Then select the USB drive you want to extract to. Make sure the file named “PRIMEGO-1.4.1-Update” is not inside anther folder should be on it’s own in Root of the USB".

Follow the instructions for USB updating as per the manual.

ok, let me try one more time.

It’s not. Download this unzipped file and put it in a blank USB, then do the update.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgu1em5f5azp9e0/PRIMEGO-1.4.1-Update.img?dl=0

will do… downloading it now.

Like others stated, all Prime update the same way.

As a workaround firmware 1.4 was made available in the form of a USB-flashdrive method. Normal updaters are made with easier executables. You can always wait for 1.6 if this all seems like a hassle or if following instructions is hard.

Perhaps a video will help a little bit:

(Yes video is not only for SC’s)

Mate, you’re a genius! fantastic. thanks for all your help, much appreciated. phew! spent whole day, trying to figure this out.

Reese / Dj Dragon, does this mean that there wont be any more freezing on deck 2?

1 Like

1.5 seems to contain an issue that first looked like a hardware problem, but seems not.

1 Like

had 1.5 on my prime go… kept freezing all the time on deck 2. just didnt understand what was going on, until i went on denon forum, and found 2 good guys named Reese and DJ Dragon. i am wondering if you’re from DENON? lol

Again, thanks for all your help… highly appreciated.

2 Likes

No I’m not, just a mere mortal. :relieved:

1 Like

I’m not from Denon, just been in the game long enough to know what being an early adopter is about.

It’s a workaround, no guarantee until Denon patches it in the official 1.6 release.

The good thing is that Denon recognized it as being fixed in software and not a hardware issue.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi All,

Engine 1.6 is now available for both Engine PRIME and all Engine OS devices. This update addresses the platter issue some users have been experiencing with the PRIME GO.

We hope you enjoy the latest features and improvements.

More info below.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/engine-1-6-available-now-dropbox-beatsource-link-flexible-beat-grids-stacked-waveforms-more/29868/3

5 Likes