Database upgrade every time I start Engine DJ or insert SSD/USB drive

Hey all,

Why is Engine DJ upgrading the database every time I start it and every time I plug in my SSD? It’s already upgraded. It’s getting to be useless for prepping since it’s taking so long every time I launch Engine DJ.

3 Likes

I’ve bookmarked this. It’s so annoying and counter productive

Hey. Did you ever get a resolution for this issues? I am pained by the same experience.

Thanks!

No, there’s no resolution. I think it’s this way by design for whatever reason. There is a workaround, however: move your database (including music files) to you local hard drive. Engine DJ does not upgrade the local database every effing time and starts up quickly.

Side note: (Devs, I hope you’re listening!) I’ve given up managing my library within Engine DJ and am moving back to Serato/iTunes. Engine DJ will be used ONLY for loading USB Drives or SD cards (without the integration). I’ve found it’s more productive use of my time as Engine DJ is just too damn slow. Thanks for listening. I’ll come back if things improve.

Thanks for your reply. Not sure why that would be a decision choice in the modern day of DJ’ing, it is what it is I guess. I do have some of my music locally but unfortunately I dont have the luxury of enough local disk space to accommodate that work around for my whole library. Like you will be turning to Serato or Rekordbox.