Cues cause lag/delay

Hi all- I’m curious if anyone else has an issue when a song is not playing and you press any cue, the song stutters for a split second but does not engage? I am not talking about the cue toggle function, as I do not have this active- this is an actual glitch. I have noticed this on firmware 1.3 and 1.4.

I dislike having to post so many issues with these 5000’s, but there are still numerous inconsistencies with them that need to be ironed out.

Thank you.

Could you show with a short vid?

Slow usb drive ? Fragged up drive?

Basically, if you’re getting issues that the other 50k whatever users aren’t , then it’s something that’s related to your system setup , rather than 5000s worldwide etc

I’ll post a video the next time I set it up. This happened to me using 12k songs on a 128gb tumbdrive and using 50k songs on a 500gb SSD- both on versions 1.3 and 1.4.

I could also add that search function is glitchy, switching between playlists sometimes glitches, and using the fwd/rev beat jump sometimes has delay. And these are just the issues I remember off the top of my head…

They all sound like slow / encrypted / unbranded media issues

You think it’s an issue with the actual music files? Because I use all the same tracks on Serato, Virtual DJ, and Ableton, and don’t receive any sort of related issues. It’s proven the Denon hardware and software has been released prior to being fully tested/fixed, so I’m not sure sure on this one…

Only where the report started with “Once upon a time…”.

Plenty of peeps, myself included are using primes without the slurs that you’re getting - therefore some local issue for you. But that doesn’t mean it’s for you to resolve on your own, this forum seems keen to help where it can. Have you got usb 3 drives plugged in on the usb 2.o connectors? (Backward compatibility is a myth on usb 3 )

Are you networking your players through a x1800 or just through some third party hub? Or just direct connect cable?

Having the files looked at and probably catalogued and touched by all the other softwAtes you’ve mentioned gives me the eeby jeebies- got any freshly ripped / downloaded paid for tracks which haven’t been molested by other software? Only engine ?

• I have linked both my 5000’s into my x1800. This is a great point by you- do you recommend I only link the 5000’s together (not through the mixer)? I don’t really need the effects to bpm match or the cue buttons to light up- those functions don’t benefit me.

• The harddrive I use for my 5000 setup is strictly for the 5000’s only and have not been tagged by any other program. Even if they did, this is a pro audio setup, should that really matter? Using my main harddrive between programs (VDJ, Serato) has never caused issues.

• I connect a USB 3.0 500gb SSD into the front USB port. The one time I connected it into a rear USB port, it caused SERIOUS delay. If I pressed a cue, it took 2-3 seconds to respond. I never tried that again.

I have put about 35-40 hours on these units at gigs and at least another 40-50 with home use. The main inconsistency is that when a track is not playing and I hit a cue button, it A) glitches for a split second then does not actually active the cue, or B) it glitches for a split second and activates the cue. There are also instances when I drop a song onto a deck, but the cues don’t show up for a few seconds (which is also random and inconsistent). A third issue is the beat jump (fwd/back) sometimes has delay…for example, I beat jump forward 16 beats and it takes the players a few seconds for it to register the function.

Thanks for the help.

Hi, yes I have these glitches too. You load a track and the first time you press a hotcue button to start playing, it sometimes doesn’t start it glitches a bit… or not. Makes it with usb key or internal ssd, mp3 big or small files.

Whenever you add or remove tracks to your removable storage device, try to make use of the library optimization feature and at the end make the files contiguous on the drive. This is ment to improve library performance when requesting high-speed data access.