Cue volume too low

Ok… I will try following your suggestion and I let you know.

You know that attenuation means “to make lower” - so the more attenuation you apply, the quieter the headphones get? Just checking

Yeah, that’s their name for it in the settings. It apparently can go positive in addition to negative (cut). The boost isn’t a wise ‘feature’, in my opinion, but I also don’t think the boost-over-unity possible on the master and booth volumes is a wise ‘feature’, either.

Yes but… if you increase the DB the headphones get louder.

Any extra news on this? :relieved:

1 Like

I did this test:

• connected layer A of my SC6000 to x1850 channel1
  • connected layer B to my old NI Z2 mixer
  • Half gain set to the channels on both mixer , I mean pointing 12 o’clock.
  • same file playing on sc6000 both layers
  • switching Headphones from one mixer to the other with half cue volume knob and in maximum volume position.

The result is: to have almost(but still a little bit less on denon) the same volume on both mixers, I need to set x1850 cue attenuation to +4dB note:

• NI Z2 mixer doesn’t have any adjustment for cue volume.
  • x1850 attenuation by default is +3dB ,and every time you switch on the mixer is back to +3dB ( i suppose this is a bug)
  • the meter is my ear :slight_smile:

Interesting, haven’t noticed it, but I have an X1850 in house until my X1800 gets back, so I’ll check that.

stop it

I did wrong? :thinking:

Put the knob wherever the knob need to be. Go by the channel meter.

Couldn’t resist quoting that :rofl:

2 Likes

What’s wrong with this? @JonnyXDA with gain in middle psoition NIZ2 mixer has all graan and first red LED, on peak, X1850 all green and first withe LED on peak. I can assuming they are at the same levels. isn’t it?

Actually you can’t assume that. This is inside the mixer, and a digital mixer, at that. The Prime mixers pad the digital input signal so you have headroom, but you need to have a nice hot signal to work. As soon as you started posting on this topic I suspected it was a situation like I’ve seen many times: DJs wanting to stick their trim-gain knobs in one spot, often at 12 o’clock and not touch them. As I said previously, just stay out of the blue. If you have some tracks that seem like they need more oomph than other tracks even when they visually peak the same on the meters, then you might want to reserve the top white for just those. Crank up that trim-gain as-needed for every track, though.

1 Like

What Reticuli said. Use the meters to set knobs rather than the classic “leave it at 12” approach.

1 Like

I understand what you mean, But my purpose is still to understand il the headphons output is lower then “normal” on my x1850. So i Tried to play same song, from the same spurce, at the same time then having to adjust the gain looking at the led’s bar. I don’t lknow if I have tothe chance to do it. But I repeat i need only to check the headphones , I donìt want to " leave at 12 o’clock" this is not what I said before.

It’s a 2.5V headphone jack vs the Traktor mixer’s 2.6V one. It’s nearly as capable of destroying your ears assuming both mixers are running to clip and both jacks are maxed. Is the Traktor mixer less capable of blowing my eardrums than my Mackie mixers with 3V jacks? Probably, but I don’t see what the point of worrying about that is. Be careful with your headphone volume. Run your channel levels appropriately and individually for each track. The metering on the Traktor mixer might be different. Lots of stuff that could contribute to such a difference, but in practice it shouldn’t matter. Put the trim-gain knobs wherever they need to be, and ditto with the headphone volume knob, for that matter. Just be really careful with the latter. Be good to your ears. The attenuation setting for the headphones in the utility is really for people worried about the jack getting too loud or for people dealing with too much touchy sensitivity near the minimum setting, anyway.

1 Like