Cue button on the right deck of the MCX8000 became loose

It’s like that though yes? Any body who ever has broken anything will say it’s of a design error.

I read often “when I hit play”

For my use of electronics I only “press play”

As far as I am concerned that is not what I was implying (besides I haven’t broken anything on my MCX … yet :slight_smile:).

My position is that if something is a fixable design issue (as Zoop states you can reinforce the part and not worry about it breaking), it would be great customer services to just re-create the part in a reinforced way and offer it for free to users experiencing a break of the part.

As for hit/press play, that is a tough one. If you design a product with a certain target group in mind, you need to see how that group currently uses their gear and if that includes hitting a cue button, then you need to make sure the gear you are designing is hit-proof. Clearly it would be different if you made something that, for example, is made to turn and the users decide to bend it. Then you are not using the part for it’s intended way in the proper manner, but abusing it. Any damage that comes from that could never be a design error as it wasn’t designed for that kind of usage to begin with.

1 Like

Does Denon reps have anything to say about this issue? My MC7000 now has 2 loose non responsive CUE & PLAY buttons. What’s the point of getting a new assembly installed if the same thing is going to happen all over again? Zoop’s suggestion is brilliant (Epoxy the assembly) because the epoxy is stronger then the assembly itself, but, by doing this, you void the warranty.

**I need answers because I Epoxy-ed one button, but now another button has failed ? This usit is 6 months old and still within warranty?

2 Likes

Given the fact that the play and cue buttons are the most used parts on any DJ equipment, it makes sense to design and manufacture these parts from metal or at list the frame and handles (hinge type). The top side part or the buttons can be made from transparent polycarbonate. It doesn’t make sense to keep the equipment on the road, back and forth, and spend more on labour than on the parts themselves, every time the button assembly needs servicing. A good service manual available online or printed can help a lot a technical skilled person. One thing is certain though: one should take care of his equipment and not be abusive in operation.

https://www.instrumentalparts.com/denon-audio-and-dj-parts/denon-pro-mcx8000-spare-parts/

here you can buy all parts