Cue button on the right deck of the MCX8000 became loose

Hey Denon!

The cue button on the right deck of my MCX8000 became loose and moves around in the socket. It still works but it’s a bit annoying. Is this a known problem? Is this an easy fix like ordering a part and replacing it or needs a service centre?

I’m from the Toronto, Canada area.

• Daniel

Hi Daniel

Please reach out to our Spare Parts dept. in the US by calling (401) 658-3131 - open Monday - Friday 9-5 EST

Thank you

1 Like

Had the same issue twice. Costet me approx 200$ to fix each time - funny enough also the right one.

I had the same (the right also) it was the broken button frame, the adjust, slide,sync, cue and play button are on a one piece plastic frame and the cue and playbuttons broke loose. I glued the frame with epoxy, et voila…

Oh wow $200 each time, and where did you fix it? Just a general electronics shop or some place authorized by Denon?

Was it easy to get to that part or do you need to disassemble almost the whole unit to get to it?

Hola que tal, no creo que sea el botón, pues mi denon 8000 esta nuevo y a veces me falla el cue derecho y a veces no, es raro pues creo que es un problema de comunicación con serato o la computadora, creo que deberían de checar ese problema y analizarlo bien para que pueda solucionarse este error dentro del firmware 2.0, saludos desde méxico!

Hola que tal, no creo que sea el botón, pues mi denon 8000 esta nuevo y a veces me falla el cue derecho y a veces no, es raro pues creo que es un problema de comunicación con serato o la computadora, creo que deberían de checar ese problema y analizarlo bien para que pueda solucionarse este error dentro del firmware 2.0, saludos desde méxico.

Hola que tal, no creo que sea el botón, pues mi denon 8000 esta nuevo y a veces me falla el cue derecho y a veces no, es raro pues creo que es un problema de comunicación con serato o la computadora, creo que deberían de checar ese problema y analizarlo bien para que pueda solucionarse este error dentro del firmware 2.0, saludos desde méxico!

A authorized Denon dealer.

I have the same problem. Where can I get the spare part in Ireland. How easy or difficult is it to replace?

It’s not an easy job but if you take a few hours and work neat & precise it would spare you 200,- I think its better to glue the button rack (with epoxy) instead of a replacement because it improves the strengt of the rack so it won’t happen again.

Thanks I will give it a go

have the same problem. I suspect lots of folks do but forum moderators seem to limit complains instead of creating solutions. They feel its just better that way…

1 Like

can you be at all more specific about how you opened the unit up to glue the buttons?

Like can I just unscrew all the top plate and side screws and have access to the “adjust, slide,sync, cue and play button” plastic frame piece?

Or is there a bunch of circuitry tabs that need to be removed from the front piece where the headphone jack and volume are located?

Im trying to understand if the “Couple hours” you refer to include the glue set time, or if it literally takes that long to disassemble the unit.

I’d like to know any helpful info as well. Mine’s been in the shop for a few weeks now! Would like to do any further work myself. But I’m guessing you have to take all the knobs off, then casing, seems like a LOT of parts.

Proper way to go for Denon would be to brand this as a design flaw if they get enough of them back broken, work out a way to produce a strengthened frame and send it to users out of warranty for free if they want to do the work themselves. Or offer a special price for repair (just shipment and a token fee for labor) for those that don’t. For warranty units it seems like a no-brainer, ship back, get it fixed and returned.

Alternatively, someone that has a broken one could devise a way to strengthen it, make a 3D drawing and share it with us to have printed in ABS by someone with a 3D printer :slight_smile:

1 Like

The bottom screws only.

1 Like

Hi Zoop. Are there any circuit boards attached to the base plate.

No, if you have unscrewed the bottom you have to detach a connector and the rest is clear when you see it. I recommend to fix and glue both sides because my other ‘non broken’ button rack has just broken… so REPAIR AND ENFORCE BOTH SIDES!

1 Like