Crossfader cut for scratching left and right big gap , not precise cut off point

Hi there even when I go into the mixer settings to get the sharpest cut there is still at least 5mm of dead space before the crossfader hits the end of either left or right side ,I don’t remember it being like this I think it might of been an update that caused it but i am unsure ,I am unable to fix this issue

Hey @mr.pickz - What mixer are you referring to and what firmware are you currently using?

I am using the denon x1850 and firmware 1.5…its about the same amount as the denon go …it does not give you an accurate cut either…

Hey @mr.pickz - Are you able to share a quick video of what you’re experiencing. Something simple so we can take a look at it. You can upload it to Youtube and share a link via DM if you’d like.

I have it a little tighter ,might be the firmware but here

24 November 2021 - YouTube? feature=share

Hey @mr.pickz Thanks for sharing the video - I can see a minor difference in the video so perhaps the fader needs to be cleaned out a little bit? Maybe shoot some compressed air in there to see if it helps with the cut-out. If not, I’d be happy to connect you with a technical support agent so they can have a closer look.

sorry for really late reply but the fader is awful ,no where near where it should be , I have tried everything 100 times and the verdict is, can not get accurate cut .From 1/8th to a 1/4 inch fader to cut off. I was hoping for a little more in this fader basically a decent fader considering you had JFB doing the demo . What I really need is a 4 channel mixer with a bomb fader . super super disappointed

any help would be nice , its all internal and it limits me how much i can cut, but its not enough ,nowhere close

Change it out for an inofader. Absolutely perfect for scratching and cutting. And user settable on tension and cut off points…

http://www.innofader.com/products.php?id=24

1 Like

is that the “s” solder pin version ? ,I bought the PNP2 from them for the x1850 and it was a dud and bought the innofader plus “s” solder version for my denon go because that’s what the innofader site originally said but have not installed it. a non soldering one would be ideal

Errmmm not sure i thought it took the mini plus went straight in.

Here is the link to the #1 fader they recomend which is the pnp2. The Innofader - Home… have a read of the documents i know there is a kit available to make them non solder but not sure if it fits this fader or not. Sorry

Is that what you use the plus ?

I have the prime 4 with a mini plus in. Its a HELL of a lot more precise than the standard issue one. Not cheap at 100 quid but its night and day when you set it up for your touch. Highly recomend them to anyone with crossfader issues. I dont know why denon dont just bang them in as standard instead of the chocolate ones they use

innofader to the rescue , i got the cut i need

1 Like

Brilliant mate glad you got it sorted

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.