Creating Crates out of PC-Folders

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Creating Crates out of PC Folders.

• How will this feature help you and others? Same folder/crate structure like on PC without manually create a crate. Faster file import. Better Structure. Also the Musicfolder from the database should have the same folder/crate structure. It is better than the Artist/Album folder structure we have at the moment. It also let you reimport an exportet backup, without recreating its structure if database was damaged.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Don´t know if recordbox or itunes does it so. But my HD is structured like this.

• Does a workaround currently exist? Not yet. Only manual.

• How often would you use this feature? very often

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? no.

12 Likes

In response to the bug that apparently is not a bug(Can’t post the link due to the fact that I’m a new user…)

I hope this will be implemented shortly. With the current EP you can just add folders one by one but not several at the same time. If your music management relies on folder structure you have to add them one at a time which is unnecessarily time consuming. I hope with a feature update you can drop all the folders at once in EP -> Crates and it creates all the creates with the name of the folders automatically. On that score it would be also useful to be able to remove several crates, playlist etc at once in engine prime. Moreover with a keyboard shortcut.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this request. Much needed feature.

EDIT: I agree with the time consuming portion. I’ve put in 10+ hours alone manually creating each of my crates.

1 Like

Yes, i know. And I spend also a lot of time to get my crates exactly like my folders. And there is allways the fear, when you get a database error, that you have to rebuild it all again.

1 Like

The reverse would also be very nice. Beiing able to drag&drop playlists and files from Engine Prime into explorer and having it copy the files.

1 Like

Yea - Have done that request, too … Thats a real good backup solution.