Crates All Say Empty

With the original folder in place. I’ll rename that now, run Engine again so it makes a new folder and try again.

OK, some progress.

Renamed Engine Library folder to Engine Library ORIGINAL. Started Engine Prime Created a test crate and added a track. It analyzed and track shows in crate. Track plays etc. Rebooted laptop. New folder now present just called Engine Prime. Track put in test crate still there, still plays etc.

Great stuff. Progress. May have been something with your engine folder.

@mufasa maybe. Im curious to know what would cause that though. I presume now I have the time consuming job of re-adding all my tracks to their corresponding crates?

Who knows? Drive permissions? Engine Prime? Windows?

I thought you made crates using your folder structure.

I’m not an expert on Engine Prime or Windows.

For now I still do my library management in Serato and only sync to EP as needed.

That got the hallmark of a damaged m.db database (part of the Engine library folder) and I’m afraid without a backup of that folder (or the m.db to be precise) you’re back at square one.

As long as I know where I stand, I can deal with that. I’ll make what I need for this month, then look at getting the previous months and older stuff re-added.

Going forward though, are there are official recommendations on backing up the databases or indeed the whole folder? Is there a specific tool for it etc?

make a duplicate of the Engine Library folder at the root of the D: drive with EP quit and you got yourself a simple backup.

on a broader note. have backups of that entire drive!

Pretty much only actual music files on that drive and theyre backed up online and offline! I can soon make a copy of the Engine Library folder but was wondering if there was an automated way of doing that. Maybe something that did a backup everytime you close EP or something like that? Do you know if theres anything that does that please?

You can use a normal backup program: windows backup (already included in windows 10/8/7), or I also use “Cobian Backup” to make backups at set times in the established folders.

1 Like