Crate Disappeared

It had crate created and separated with the organization by songs and disappeared in this new 2.0 update. How can I have it again or convert it to playlists?

1 Like

Hey @pedrogoncas As of Engine DJ v2.0, Crates and Playlists have merged into a single list type — Playlists. Engine DJ Playlists offer the best aspects of both list types. During the migration upgrade process, your Crates will be converted into Playlists preserving all the content and structure. Now with Playlists, you can freely rearrange the lists within the collection tree and also the tracks within them.

If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

@Anthony_DDJ I have crates created and not migrated and that do not appear in the new engine

@pedrogoncas - Your drive must be migrated to the Engine DJ 2.0 database first in order to mix. Not to worry, the migration process is automatic and initiated the first time you connect an Engine Prime drive to a device running Engine DJ v2.0. Your original Engine Prime collection will remain intact in case you need to perform on earlier versions of Engine OS.

I also have 2 crates which did not migrate. is there a way to repeat the migration process? These crates represent days of work

@Anthony_DDJ

I made this migration after the update however I don’t have all the crates

maybe delete the /Database2 dir and try again?

I tried that way and it stayed the same

maybe try creating a playlist from the crate and see if that comes over. I deleted/moved the /Database2 directory, reopened in the old app, backed up and started again. there seems to be a load of reanalysing going on but those 2 crates are still missing :frowning:

but WHY is it needed to recreate?? it WAS seperated, perfectly!! why changing a winning dealmaking feature that made EP stand out from the rest??? 'm really disappointed!!

also still no missing file manager feature… nah 'm looking for buyers for my Prime4, 've had it with Denon

1 Like

not sure of the logic on this one I grant you. jamming the 2 together doesn’t make the greatest sense to me. dynamic playlists on the other hand…

I don’t want crates mixed with playlists they are different things for different purposes. How can i revert back and have them separated?

I think the answer here is to go back to 1.6

Hey @pedrogoncas - If you haven’t been able to resolve this, we’ll need to share this with the Technical Support team. Can you DM us and we’ll go over some information with you?

@Anthony_DDJ - I sent you a private message

1 Like

Please bring back the crates! [IMPORTANT] Also we should be able to see where the songs are. For example when you search and see song info… where is it? From what playlist? From what crate?

BRING THE CRATES BACK!

Playlists are playlists. Crates can now be folders on left of screen… thats the way i use them

Sorry My English

I find a solution to the problem.

I opened the Database file “m.db” “SQL Lite Browser” and went to the “List” table and changed the variable “isExplicitlyExported” to “1” and thus the crates were migrated

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.