Crash on startup 1.5 Win 10x64

I’ve never installed engine prime before. I installed it and ran it and it crashes on start up. Here’s what the launch flow looks like:

• Splash screen appears showing loading bar for version 1.5.0.46575724a
  • Loading bar finishes, UI displays
  • After UI appears to load, the application shuts down with no error message of any kind.

I’ve read through a bunch of threads on similar issues but the solutions don’t seem to help in my case. I’ve tried deleting the Music\Engine Library folder multiple times but that hasn’t help. The app is installed on my C drive which is NTFS. I had a secondary D drive, also NTFS, and a 3rd drive, F, which I formatted as exFat with the intention of using that to prepare my engine prime music/etc. There’s a dvd-r drive as well but no media in it. No other drives, removable or otherwise are connected.

I am running Windows 10 x64 on an i4790k with 32gb ram and a geforce 2080rtx super so my specs vastly exceed the minimum.

Is there a log file somewhere that I can look at to gleam any info as to why it’s crashing?

Hi @architekt, welcome to the forum!

First of all, you’ll only need ExFAT on the drive that you would “put IN or attach TO” a Prime device. So, in your computer it can all be NTFS (Microsoft default).

Did you install with elevated prompt (rightclick open/run as administrator)?

Ya, I installed as admin. I also tried running as admin as well. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Okay great.

What if you delete the Engine Libraries on the root of the C/D/F drives?

The only “Engine Library” folder I see is in C:\users\myusename\Music. Are there supposed to be other possible locations as well? I’ve tried deleting this one a bunch of times and that doesn’t seem to fix the problem.

Ah right, those would probably show up if you add music, which you can’t yet…

Little options left. GPU drivers, DirectX etc. are probably up2date also.

I’ve got the latest nVidia driver as of this writing. Says version 446.14. DirectX is up to date. I play a lot of video games and also make them, so that’s definitely something I can guarantee is always up to date haha.

Hi architekt.

As an aside try creating a secondary profile on your PC with admin rights and try installing to that.

Tried that, same results sadly. It does work in a VMWare virtual machine but that’s not an ideal set up.

did you ever find a solution to this problem. Im having the same issue on two different machines. Even with the new 1.6v. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BFT

BoldFaceType

Feb 27

did you ever find a solution to this problem. Im having the same issue on two different machines. Even with the new 1.6v. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BFT

No, sadly. I did fortuitously (or not, depending on how you look at it) have to reinstall Windows some time after that. The first app I installed was Engine Prime and it worked. That was like … months ago, no idea how long but been a while. No issues since. Only thing I can think of was I had some sort of software conflict I wasn’t able to diagnose or, more importantly, reproduce upon reinstalling. But what I did was after I first installed EP on that fresh Windows, for every system update I had to do, or after every app, I checked to verify that EP was still working just in case one of them was the culprit as I reinstalled every app that I previously had.

Well, I have the EXACT same issue with Engine 2.1 on both PC and MAC on latest operating systems. I did recently update the DirectX drivers that windows suggested however, wonder if that is causing it. Deleted the music libraries, etc, numerous reboots, still crashes now I can’t get music onto the USB stick for Gigs.

I will also try the ADMIN trick I did not do that either.