Cpu and ram of mcx8000

I disarmed it once because I had the typical problem of the screen not detected by the computer, it was simply the cable of the screen disconnected, it hurts that I do not take the time at that moment to take that data, setting it is hard and I do not encourage to do it again

regards

Well, let’s hope Denon will continue the good practice of issuing service and repair manuals for all their equipment. Anyway, the chips are surely part of the PCB main assembly and not replaceable like in a PC unit. This is, I believe, one of the reasons Denon DJ didn’t published the full technical specifications and other reasons are probably related to know-how protection. But still a developer’s section might be beneficial if Denon decides to release source codes.

@El_Corsario I can help you with some of the details you are looking for:

Ram on Display Boards: Winbond W9825G6KH-6I (4M x 4 Banks 16Bit Synchronous Dram) Processor on Display Board: STM32F429 Voltage Regulators on Chassis: 2 x BA33DD0T (2A 3.3v Regulator) DAC on Main Board: PCM1690 Ram on Main Board: Etrontech EM638165TS (4M x 4 Banks 16bit Synchronous Dram) Audio Processor on Main Board: DSPB56724AG M96M QDC1529K Buck converters on Main Board: 2 x BD9702 (8-35v, 3A 1ch, Buck converter with integrated Fet) Microcontroller on Main Board: MKL15Z128VLK4 (128KB Flash, 16KB Sram)

Hope this helps.

1 Like

thanks @crazycraig, I will look for the specifications of each component but if I’m not mistaken there is enough power here it only depends on optimizing the software comparing we are above a PC 486 (correct me if I’m wrong) saving the differences of course and with this PC you could do a lot things so I think that this driver still has enough potential to squeeze, this is the only thing I see a bit short (128KB Flash, 16KB Sram)

regards

I would be really surprised if even a single byte of firmware gets changed on the mcx8000 now that prime4 is on the horizon.

Mind you , I don’t dislike surprises

I hope you’re wrong, for me using the platter to search large library’s would be huge.

The mcx800 still has a lot to give, add to that many bought it just a few months ago when they still did not know anything about the prime4 and those customers (which should not be few) would be very upset if they were left lying now, besides there are many dj for which 2 channels are more than enough and that covers the mcx8000 perfectly without noting that not all have a budget for a prime 4, even with a possible prime 2 the mcx with a price decrease would still be attractive to many, the only what you need is a decent engine prime and maybe a bit of adjustment to the firmware some elementary features and that stagelink is at the height of the rest of the prime series

I can’t see what that is based on. Try to put too many weights on a boat and it just sinks. They already had to reduce some of the features on Mcx to make it talk a little Prime language.

1 Like

Totally agree here. The mcx8000 is pretty much running at it’s limit as far as features are concerned. However I do believe some basic functionality could be changed / optimised. What would be amazing would be to have a couple of different firmware versions where users could choose their features via the firmware version. Eg: V1.1 = flanger, delay & echo. V1.2 = reverb, filter & crush etc… Basically swopping features to what best suits you & not putting any additional strain on the unit. The big question is… would Denon still put programming time into a 3year old product when they are trying to promote a new unit? I highly doubt it. But now, imagine if they were to release the source code!!

1 Like

The Prime 4 is a different and more advanced concept, but MCX8000 is still a very good piece of hardware that can fulfill its purpose very well and Denon DJ should maintain it in operation, especially until the full functionality of StageLink feature will be implemented. From its features-quality-price ratio the MCX8000 could be a long term performer and a real success for Denon DJ, especially if it will be well assisted by Engine Prime functionality.

1 Like

I absolutely love my 8000. It really is a great piece of gear and it’s value for money is fantastic too. Unfortunately the 8000’s reputation was badly damaged by: 1) a vast number of units being faulty, 2) extremely poor handling of the situation by certain forum moderators 3) extremely slow firmware & updates. Point #3 is really of major concern as it seemed as though Denon had absolutely no intention of ever making the 8000 Prime compatible to start with. It (once again ‘seems’) only due to the extreme media highlight of the users outcry that Denon were ‘forced’ into making the 8000 ‘sort-of’ Prime compatible. Thereafter we haven’t heard a single thing about any further updates from Denon, and I’m sure Denon want to close this chapter as soon as possible. Remember that the 8000 was a project that started before inMusic bought DenonDj. The Prime ecosystem is 100% inMusic, the 8000 - not at all, they (inMusic) had to try repair the damage.

Actually, MCX8000 is a full blown InMusic era product as it was launched after Denon DJ entered into InMusic brands portfolio. If you want to see were the MCX8000 concept is coming from, look no further than the Numark NV series. Regarding MCX8000 compatibility with Engine Prime it was good that Denon DJ decided to bring it in the Prime family, but they could have also continue to develop the original Engine software which was intended to be used with MCX8000 in the first place. The only previous InMusic era hardware supported for a while were the SC series players assisted by the original Engine software. When InMusic acquired Denon DJ it had to work with what was available at the moment in the software development team. Later, the software development division was expanded and began to work especially for the Prime series.

What do you think how long it takes from design to mass production? Mind you, Pioneer still has no answer to SC5000 after over 2 years. So yeah, inMusic finished and launched MCX8000. But “full blown”? Don’t be silly.

In my opinion InMusic definitely had a say in the final design of the product, mainly because the concept is almost identical with the Numark NV and most importantly is the drop of the matrix type channel selector, which was the trademark of Denon DJ products. The other sign of InMusic involvement was the rush into production and hastly the release on the market of the MCX8000 given the fact that there were many hardware and software functionality issues. The MCX8000 has to wait more than 2 years to receive a well optimized firmware to ensure a stable operation and finally it had to be supported by Engine Prime to work on the long term. Inspite all these difficulties the MCX8000 is still a very capable piece of equipment and the fact that it can be used both in standalone mode and as a controller, combined with its price point, put it in a class of its own. Regarding Pioneer I don’t think they are rushing things, because they can still afford to bask in the leader position and they have a different approach regarding the design and development of their products. Simply because Denon DJ proposed a different concept for their existing products lineup doesn’t mean that Pioneer should answer with something similar. Maybe they will choose to propose their own concepts regarding the functionality and integration of their products with the software envinronment. If someone will decide to buy Pioneer DJ division we will see in which direction they are heading it could be either good or a bad one. The most interesting aspect will be the pricing policy of their future products.

You said “full blown” in previous post. Did you change your mind?

I didn’t change my mind. I just said that they had a pretty big say on the final product which is different from the known Denon DJ way of putting products together. As long as they had to steer the MCX8000 towards Engine Prime, when they could have let Denon DJ own people to finish what they started, I think InMusic pretty much changed the original intended concept. The MCX8000 concept similarity with Numark NV makes me to believe some people had to improvise on the go to put this piece of equipment on the market.

You wrote “full blown” dude.

You put a little too much heart on the “full blown” expression. In my opinion, the final MCX8000 product could be attributed to InMusic involvement. If we compare the original version of the MC6000 with the following product versions of the MC series the concept shift is pretty visible.

Lol, it’s not a tragedy if you have to correct yourself online dude. Use edit, it’s easier than endless/useless defending.

Only thing we can say for sure is that inMusic took over the project at some phase. Considering it was released with original Engine I would say it has a D&M heart in a inMusic shell.

PS There is a rumor that pre-inMusic DenonDJ showed a standalone prototype to some people. Who knows how similar it is to it’s child, the MCX :wink:

You are entitled to your opinion of what endless and useless defending means when you are talking to other people. To me, at least, it is not endless nor useless. It is simply my opinion and I do not dear calling other people’s opinions useless out of respect for the one I’m talking. There’s a saying: “See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil”