Corrupt database 3 hours before gig

I updated the Prime 4 internal disk (from my laptop) with a hundred songs and a handful of playlists. The job was done running. I did not eject the P4 from my laptop. Went back into standalone on the player and it says the disk is corrupt, reformat and rebuild the library. This is like a better part of a day type thing and I do not have time. Are there any other ways to fix this?

+1 401 263 1888

Always have a backup… always.

3 Likes

Yes, we get it… you’ve posted the same thing in about 5 different threads now…

1 Like

Yes, when you seek with google, you found one thread. I have integrated the solution on all thread with this specific problem.

Being a simple member, which is normal, I cannot create a reference thread.

I prefer this solution to the usual trolls that we usually see on forums that refer to other threads that do not even contain the solution … which is always painful when looking for a solution.

1 Like

Simple, export the same collection to 2 different drives. Or setup mirror images or ISO’s or 3rd party software backup images of said drive…

Personally my current backup solution is:

I have my full collection on 2 USB drives, 1 as live, 1 as backup. Then a further MicroSD card to act as a second backup.

After making changes to my collection and exporting to 1 of the drives, I use comparison software (Beyond Compare) to copy over only the changed files only to the other drives - that way I avoid waiting hours for exports.

My master DJ collection which is stored on my laptop is mirrored to NAS storage.

How does one usually create a backup of a DJ USB? I really didn’t think I needed to spell this out, after all, a simple Google search will offer many of the same, if not better solutions…

As a DJ your greatest asset is your collection, so you absolutely need to have at the very least 1 backup, preferably more… Data corruption can happen far too easily to take chances.

This is exactly what is likely to get skipped when using the source files on a single laptop to feed decks live.

Please stop posting a reply then replying to your own reply a minute later. Just type everything g you want to say in one post.

JonnyXDA,

This is precisely the problem with some forum users, we do not respond, we read this type of response “Do research in google”, “Already discussed on the forum” … and after 15 thread, we have no answers.

It was enough to read correctly to know that the problem was not the files, but the database.

Between my behavior of having put “the correct answer” to several threads and comments which answered “nothing”, my choice is quickly made.

Thanks for the wrong answer. This to confirm what I thought.

To make a backup of the database, just copy the “Engine Library” directory and a simple copy / paste to restore it the other way

For information, a good backup is stored in two different places … The disks contained in a NAS must come from a different batch. The same batch of hard drive fails in the same period, which leaves too short a time to replace and rebuild the RAID. Friendly little advice

Glad you found the answer :+1:

Apart from the standard 3-2-1 backup method, most users will come to the conclusion that a backup had to be made, after they need them… Backup is something that will be incorporated, I’m sure.

To get back to the database repair option. I have no doubt, data gets fixed if you have nothing else to get your data back. We just don’t know if there will be consequences; it could as well be that files need to be reanalyzed if a related table or link in the database is repaired. Some, none, all??

However, it’s also a method that has no official support from DenonDJ. Using database tools in general, you need to know exactly what you’re doing to the database.

1 Like

436/5000

In terms of errors, it is the table containing the “tags” for searching for music that is corrupt (The ID is incorrectly inserted).

This prevents one title from being searched, not the rest.

Indeed, “advanced” database operations must be performed with care. This is why I did not explain the manual modifications that I made: o)

The procedure only contains the repair “without risk” :wink:

Regular backup is the best solution, it is only a backup solution when you have added a lot of titles and you don’t want to rescan all

Maybe manual modifications to databases is something that might ought to be avoided to avoid database errors

That’s why I don’t provide SQL queries to clean up :slight_smile:

These tables are not at all complicated, but you must be used to Databases

Database schema :

https://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/engine_library_format