Copy/Paste - Selection ability within the playlists/crates

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

The ability to select lists/crates/folders (with shift or ctrl/cmd button as windows or apple os)

The ability to Copy/Paste the selected lists/crates/folders (right mouse button (copy)

Once copied, you just click the folder where the selection needs to be copied in. (right mouse button (paste)

• How will this feature help you and others?

I am going to explain by giving 2 examples.

Example 1 If you want to collect multiple lists/crates/folder into 1 folder, you can select them separate by holding CTRL/CMD and clicking the needed lists/crates/folders.

Now we can drag the selection into the needed folder in 1 movement. (basicly how our computer os’s (windows, apple, … ) work with filemanagement)

Example 2 I am a dj that mostly plays Drum & Bass music. This genre has many sub categories. For myself i have made these categories: Rolling, Breakz, Darkstep, Technoïd, Halftempo …

When i add a whole lot (recordlabel, artist, selection of favourites, …) my folder mostly looks like this:

ARTIST/LABEL/…

• 01 Roller
  • 02 Breaks
  • 03 Darkstep
  • 04 Halftempo
  • 05 Crossbreed

Now if we can pre-make a folder-structure like this, which contains no tracks, as a template… We can put this template-folder-structure in the crate/playlist tree-list for future use.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? it’s a basic workflow that os’s like windows / apple / … or music managers like iTunes use and it is a standard these days in most programs.

• Does a workaround currently exist? Select and drag it all 1 by 1 Make the structure over and over again

• How often would you use this feature? Each time i arrange my crates & lists

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? It would enhance a workflow and allows Engine Prime to feel more natural as a filebrowser too.

1 Like

Similar to this pre-existing feature request?

Similar post…True… BUT

I took the liberty of making the request, as mostly asked by denon, "based on the request template"
Also took the time to give 2 common examples it would give benefits to it’s workflow.

Regards N.

This will be handy and it’s kinda related to that link I posted.

I think a combination of tagging and smart crates will be another way to achieve this

Eg Create Smart crates with your desired label and using tags or genre or stuff written into the comments.

Many ways to skin

1 Like